mIRC Homepage
Posted By: bugx How to make my own DLL in VB and use it on mIRC - 18/03/03 06:57 AM
Can anyone show me a tutorial/sample for
make my own DLL in VB and use it in mIRC ?

I have 4 days looking for that
Since i see you havent gotten much for replies in either of your posts on this, have you tried asking in a VB channel? /list *VB* or /list *visual*
Well, thanks for your answer, but i'm full for search/
try/want and no results, i decide to make this in Delphi, only
see 1 mini-tutorial (the Hello World) and i understand

Since yesterday, i have 6 functions in my DLL

Sorry but my english is not good

wink
you're welcome... and no need to apologize for your english, i understood what you meant smile
Well basicly it isn't possible to create a normal Win32 DLL in Visual Basic that you can use directly in mIRC. What CAN be done is creating an ActiveX DLL and use mIRC's /comopen etc. functions to gain access to the COM object you create in VB.
Hi

If you message me on IRC (EFNet, nickname trbz on #mIRC) I will send you a sample com dll made in Visual Basic.
uhm, oops - check my other post in the Feature suggestions sections "How to use other langauges in mIRC (In Theory)." You can create and register COM objects using the windows scriptiong host, therefor in any language...
U must make ActiveX or COM-object to run with mIRC i think.
verdamnt! its beyond editing:
https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...amp;amp;fpart=1

for those who care about the post. I did a tutorial on creating COM objects in Javascript/VBscript & WSH, its a little bleary (lack of coffee... )
It is possible to create a standard dll in visual basic. The VB compiler uses an older version of the c compiler. It basicly converts the VB to C and then compiles it (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

To write a dll you just need to tell the compiler to export this function. There is a program valled VBAdvanced or something simillar which allows you to export functions, create resource dll's and other neat stuff VB doesn't allow you access to.

With the tool you can write DLL's which self register themselves. And when you add in Matt Curlands amazing work you can get access to the VBRuntime. (A very nice example is included which I would use).

I don't have the link handy sorry if I find it again i'll post it for yea.
Heh .. Where i can found some examples ?
Donne pls a link .. Or send at my email pls ..
i have a tutorial here: http://www.eminence32.cjb.net/vbdll.html
(it's a little old)
© mIRC Discussion Forums