mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Xealot How does mirc create irc:// in iexplore? - 17/02/03 02:03 PM
Hi ppl,
im a programmer which have long wondered how
mirc made irc//<irc server> to work in iexplore.
Like if i type
<a href="irc://de.quakenet.org" target="_blank">irc://de.quakenet.org</a>
it will open mirc.exe and connect to de.quakenet.org
i wanna know how smirk
Posted By: Om3gA Re: How does mirc create irc:// in iexplore? - 17/02/03 02:53 PM
its the same basic concept as a hyperlink or and email link that opens another program, the irc:// prefix is simply associated with mIRC more then likly via a small reg entry or something along those lines wink
Posted By: Phant0m Re: How does mirc create irc:// in iexplore? - 17/02/03 04:32 PM
Om3gA is correct the IRC Protocol along with other URL: * Protocols are Entries in the Registry, you can be capable of creating these Entries by going to Tools\Folder Options… and selecting “File Types” tab, or making an .reg file to import.

Here’s Informatics about mIRC’s IRC Protocol;

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc]
@="URL:IRC Protocol"
"EditFlags"=dword:00000002
"URL Protocol"=""
"BrowserFlags"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc\DefaultIcon]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\mIRC\\mirc.exe\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc\Shell]
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc\Shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc\Shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\mIRC\\mirc.exe\" -noconnect %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc\Shell\open\ddeexec]
@="%1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc\Shell\open\ddeexec\Application]
@="mIRC"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc\Shell\open\ddeexec\IfExec]
@="%1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\irc\Shell\open\ddeexec\Topic]
@="Connect"
Posted By: Online Re: How does mirc create irc:// in iexplore? - 18/02/03 01:58 AM
Check this tutorial.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: How does mirc create irc:// in iexplore? - 18/02/03 04:57 AM
excellant reply to that .... where did u find that info if u dont mind me asking?
Posted By: Phant0m Re: How does mirc create irc:// in iexplore? - 18/02/03 05:04 AM
No other place except my brain, I’ve been working with computers long enough to know most of this stuff… I use to remote people 24/7 fixing them up of all different types of computer related issues, even do odd jobs locally fixing people’s computers up… Work with 3 Software Security Companys and I could go…
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: How does mirc create irc:// in iexplore? - 18/02/03 05:07 AM
very cool ..... seen all that registry entry info and was like woah where did he pull all that together from ..... thought u had a site or something that showed that layout
Posted By: Phant0m Re: How does mirc create irc:// in iexplore? - 18/02/03 05:14 AM
That Layout was “Exact” Export right from my Registry, I got good memory but I don’t got good enough memory to remember every Keys, Data, Value strings...
© mIRC Discussion Forums