mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Sabby COM Objects? - 02/02/03 06:45 AM
Anyone know a good site where i could learn how to use them?
Posted By: The_Game Re: COM Objects? - 03/02/03 03:42 AM
have you tried looking in your mIRC help? Theres a start..
Posted By: Sabby Re: COM Objects? - 04/02/03 03:07 AM
uh... yea

Quote from helpfile:

You must have experience with COM objects in order to use this feature.
Posted By: codemastr Re: COM Objects? - 06/02/03 10:15 PM
When it comes to programming, it generally seems that buying a book is better than an online tutorial. But unfortunately, I don't know of any books on this topic so I really can't recommend one :P
Posted By: Sabby Re: COM Objects? - 08/02/03 02:46 PM
... anyone?
Posted By: Algorithms Re: COM Objects? - 11/02/03 06:34 AM
Depending on the language you are looking to use to create the COM object there are a few good txts available on the the subject.

"Inside COM" - Dale Rogerson and "Essential COM" - Don Box; are both very good books with great coverage and explaination of the common object model. Also "ATL Internals" - by Brent Rector covers COM creation using Microsoft(r) Active Template Library (ATL).

You might want to look in to these books, they are old enough they should be available at a good library. Also if using the newer dotnet framework, you can get some examples of using C# to create COM objects at CSharp Help
Posted By: GodGell Re: COM Objects? - 16/02/03 10:10 PM
Hehe i also not know what's the COM objects. I also very-very want to know it so i founded a skinner program (named ActiveSkin) what would make mirc skinned, but it used with com objects, so i cant use it. :tongue:

Sorry for my very bad English smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums