mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Thedude DLL for mircscript - 29/01/03 09:26 PM
Can anybody skilled please make a dll for a mircscript?
The script is called Synx.

I used to be a part of Team Nexgen but I quitted 'couple days ago..
Posted By: AKO Re: DLL for mircscript - 29/01/03 10:52 PM
LOL can you be any more vague....
Posted By: Watchdog Re: DLL for mircscript - 30/01/03 07:03 PM
What exactly do you want the .dll to do? Make you a cup of tea? The other thing is, .dll's are rarely, if ever, made for a script, they are made for mIRC itself and therefore should work in any script.
Posted By: Thedude Re: DLL for mircscript - 30/01/03 07:41 PM
I was trying to find anybody willing, then i'd tell them what the dll should do. and the dll is made for my script. nobody elses.. thats why i asked like that..
Posted By: KingTomato Re: DLL for mircscript - 31/01/03 01:19 AM
Just a hint of advise..
Pople are not going to just volunteer for a dll that they have no clue as to what its implimentations are.. Try explaining yourself, then finding the willing and capable..
Posted By: Thedude Re: DLL for mircscript - 01/02/03 08:42 PM
well its a dll for a script.. not just one function..

but well.. i need a dll that can
1. read and write to id3v1 and id3v2 tags in mp3s
2. read from the registry
3. download files, sockets are unrelyable

plus some other stuff i cant think of now
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: DLL for mircscript - 01/02/03 10:42 PM
Well I realise that those 3 were just examples, but judging from these I'd say you might not need a whole new DLL for your script.

1. Can be done use /bread and /bwrite. The aliases are available, just look around for them.
2. Can be done using Dragonzap's Windows Registry Manipulation DLL.
3. mIRC sockets are no less reliable than a DLL would be. What do you think the DLL is going to do when you want it to download a file?.. It's going to open a socket.
Posted By: Thedude Re: DLL for mircscript - 03/02/03 07:26 AM
As you said, those three were just examples..
I need other stuff too.. Maby there allready are dlls with the functions i need, but I can't have 200 dlls with my script..
Posted By: ppslim Re: DLL for mircscript - 03/02/03 10:15 PM
I don't suppose you checked how many fiels the likes of windows itself comes with, or office, and any number of the millions fo software packages available.

Why have one huge insane size DLL that takes forever too load due to filesize, when you can use smaller fies, that can be loaded and unloaded at will, conserving memory.
Posted By: Thedude Re: DLL for mircscript - 04/02/03 07:40 AM
I won't have a huge dll, i want one just the perfect size for me..
One file with lots of functions is smaller then one dll for each of the functions together.. Right?
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: DLL for mircscript - 05/02/03 02:32 AM
only one who can make one the perfect size for u is u ...... id suggest reading up on writting a dll
Posted By: Thedude Re: DLL for mircscript - 05/02/03 06:44 PM
I don't care if its big, just not as big as if i just used 20 dlls..
But anyway, ANYBODY WANNA MAKE A DLL!?
Posted By: The_Game Re: DLL for mircscript - 05/02/03 08:04 PM
*Waves his hands in the motions of a voodoo spell*

*POOF!* You are now a DLL

hahaha
Posted By: Thedude Re: DLL for mircscript - 05/02/03 08:36 PM
Jikes, that hurts..
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: DLL for mircscript - 05/02/03 08:39 PM
sure i wanna make a dll but unfortunatly im not well equiped to make one dll do everything on the planet
LoL
Posted By: codemastr Re: DLL for mircscript - 08/02/03 09:19 PM
The stuff you asked for isn't something that someone can sit down and 5 minutes later it is done. What you asked for can take many hours. I'd do it, but I certainly wouldn't make a DLL that is designed ONLY for you, for free. I'd want something in return, as I'm sure most people would.
Posted By: Thedude Re: DLL for mircscript - 12/02/03 09:13 AM
I sent you an email _D3m0n_
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: DLL for mircscript - 12/02/03 09:58 PM
yes i know u did and the email said exactly "if ur interested in making a dll respond " ok so i figured since im not interested in making a dll for free that does anything from forecasting weather in chile to telling u what kinda of soap u used to wash ur hands this morning...... that i didnt need to respond? ..... excuse if i misread ur email ...... i kinda take words at face value
© mIRC Discussion Forums