mIRC Homepage
Posted By: tanka Spellcheck - 04/11/03 10:27 PM
I'm not sure how easy this would be, but, wouldn't it be grand to have a built-in spellchecker for mIRC? Just no autocomplete... Oh how I despise that feature.

Wouldn't it be grand to be able to read something coherent instead of a bunch of jumbled jargon?
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Spellcheck - 05/11/03 01:00 AM
Or... Take a typing class, and have a dictionary .com

Sorr,y but I don't feel that mIRC should have to cater to user's own stupidty/lazyness. The fact that you don't take the time to spell it right, or even look how to spell should not be counter acted with effort on the programs part. It should be countered with effort on your own part. Not only that, we don't need dictionary files containing a list for not only every english word--but french, spanish, dutch, german, etc.

Posted By: tanka Re: Spellcheck - 05/11/03 01:55 AM
Did I say it was me? Nope. In fact, I was implying more towards other users. I'm personally planning on Minoring in English, and the constant butchering of the English language gives me nightmares.

Agreed, it would take some serious coding and quite a few databases of words, but it would be pretty cool if it was in existance.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Spellcheck - 05/11/03 05:39 AM
Honestly, i doubt anything would rid IRC of "jargon".

Be that as it may, rather than a rehash, check a previous thread on this issue here
© mIRC Discussion Forums