mIRC Homepage
Posted By: airliner mIRC Icon(s) - 15/10/03 02:11 PM
I was wondering, wouldnt it be wise to ask the guys of the iconfactory to design a new set of icons for mIRC, khaled gives them credit and they design free icons for mIRC, mirc gets downloaded like xx thousand times a day right.. so it might be interresting for them

The ppl at the icon factory design alot of icons for software apps, including the win xp icons... here you can view their portfolio
Posted By: RiffRaff Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 15/10/03 02:16 PM
they design the icons for free?
Posted By: airliner Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 15/10/03 02:29 PM
no... not in general, but it might be interresting for them if khaled gives them credit, i dont know really and i dont know if khaled is willing to pay for professional icons
Posted By: Doqnach Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 15/10/03 10:09 PM
I would like to see support for more animated icons like the default icon which changed color with activity...

maybe a way to make those yourself?
Posted By: skipster Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 16/10/03 06:15 PM
The IconFactory usually gets $640 per icon. They will not do them for free. In fact, you can't even get them if you pay for them. I've tried numerous times this year for some projects I'm involved with and they are too busy to take on new contracts. Given that they won't do them even if you pay them, I doubt they will do some for free. Given that they are busier than they can handle, I doubt they need the advertisement.
Posted By: MTec89 Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 16/10/03 07:02 PM
personally, you can get better icons for cheaper or free, example of one i would like to see im mirc:
oh and btw, i think mirc should come with several different toolbar icons that can be easly switched, but yet users can add their own

By Bleed
Posted By: pheonix Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 16/10/03 07:51 PM
i think it would be good if mirc has several skins to choose from grin
Posted By: MTec89 Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 16/10/03 07:58 PM
-.-
https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...turesuggestions
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 17/10/03 12:11 AM
i would like mirc better if it had the ability to add your own icons into that toolbar and add your own functions to them as well.
Posted By: skipster Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 17/10/03 08:56 PM
Quote:
you can get better icons for cheaper or free, example of one i would like to see im mirc
eeek... you call those better than what the IconFactory creates? Those aren't even XP icons. They may look "XPish", but there's no alpha channel in that bitmap. Because of that, whether or not they'll even look half decent depends on if your background color is the same as the background color that was in use on the system when these icons were ripped.
Posted By: MTec89 Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 17/10/03 11:08 PM
ok, get icon factory to make some then, but u wount because they are expensive

take what you can get and leave it at that.
Posted By: cynic Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 18/10/03 07:21 AM
Quote:
ok, get icon factory to make some then, but u wount because they are expensive
take what you can get and leave it at that.

You were the one who said you could get better icons for cheaper or free! You didn't just say "you can get them cheaper or free"; you explicitly said they would be better, better than the IconFactory's (who created all of the icons for MS for Windows XP). Now you say "take what you can get"? You're contradicting yourself.
Posted By: cynic Re: mIRC Icon(s) - 18/10/03 07:33 AM
And, btw...
1) Most of those are rips out of Microsoft apps. Therefore they aren't better than the IconFactory's icons, they _are_ the IconFactory's icons (except in that bad rip the alpha channels aren't there so they won't look as good)
2) Microsoft owns them and you cannot distribute them
© mIRC Discussion Forums