mIRC Homepage
Posted By: pheonix feature for this site... - 10/10/03 09:46 PM
i think it would be good if you added an option to download the .exe seperately from the main installer, this would make it much easier to update mirc(for me anyway), then instead of making a new directory, deleting the old directory and putting the new directory where the old directory was, i can just switch the .exe's smile
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: feature for this site... - 10/10/03 10:37 PM
You can install right over an old installation, no directory renaming necessary. Plus if a distribution came without stuff like versions.txt and an updated helpfile it would just cause even more repeated questions.
Posted By: pheonix Re: feature for this site... - 10/10/03 10:38 PM
i can install over a directory but then my scripts get deleted, otherwise i have to move them all >.<
Posted By: DekuHaze Re: feature for this site... - 10/10/03 10:41 PM
Hmm. The instaler shouldn't delete the scripts, especially if you tell the installer to preserve the settings. Everything should remain exactly the same, albeit a newer version smile
Posted By: pheonix Re: feature for this site... - 10/10/03 10:48 PM
oOo, never noticed that option;x, i just copied the files in case it did..
mods, feel free to delete this thread smile
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: feature for this site... - 10/10/03 10:51 PM
couldnt i just thwap you instead :tongue:
aw come on, just one lil thwap?
Posted By: DekuHaze Re: feature for this site... - 10/10/03 10:52 PM
Heh... phoenix would prolly enjoy it tho, Para wink
Posted By: pheonix Re: feature for this site... - 10/10/03 10:52 PM
* pheonix flees shocked
Posted By: trenzterra Re: feature for this site... - 11/10/03 05:38 AM
I'd prefer an option in the installer to just 'install only mirc.exe and help files'. in my script i use versions.txt file, so its inconvenient.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: feature for this site... - 11/10/03 07:49 AM
pheonix fleas?
eek!   *hides*
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: feature for this site... - 11/10/03 09:27 AM
Why exactly? Or do you mean you created a file called versions.txt to hold the changes in your script? Then the problem is your own mistake, you should have never used that filename. Just rename the file in your script.
Posted By: pheonix Re: feature for this site... - 11/10/03 12:20 PM
LOL
© mIRC Discussion Forums