mIRC Homepage
Posted By: lordares $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 08/10/03 06:46 PM
Same as $ibl, but updated via MODE #chan I and MODE #chan e upon being opped.

I feel this is needed to stop scripts from 'filter kicking' banned users when they have an exempt.

This can easily be made with HASH scripts etc, but why not add it as a feature? smile
Posted By: codemastr Re: $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 08/10/03 06:51 PM
This has been suggested before, next time try searching first:

https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...o=&vc=1
https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...o=&vc=1
Posted By: lordares Re: $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 09/10/03 04:59 AM
I hate you.

I did search, for "exempt" *nothing* came up.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 09/10/03 06:40 AM
when you do a search, expand the date range. it also may help to set it to search "all forums"
Posted By: theRat Re: $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 09/10/03 04:45 PM
I ain't native english speaker but exemption and exception has a bit diffrent meaning? and in IRC we use exception
Posted By: lordares Re: $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 09/10/03 06:10 PM
The official name of the +e is exempt.
Means the same thing though in this context.

I did search all of forum life btw.
Posted By: codemastr Re: $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 09/10/03 08:43 PM
The official name is NOT exempt, not sure where you heard that.

RFC2811 Section 4 (written by IRCnet, the inventors of +e):
e - set/remove an exception mask to override a ban mask;

Code is right. Think of it as "this mask is the exception to the ban rule" which ias exactly what it is.
Posted By: lordares Re: $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 10/10/03 04:31 AM
regardless, its the same exact thing.

Posted By: codemastr Re: $iel $iil Internal exempt/invite lists - 10/10/03 03:38 PM
Right, we're just saying don't go around saying something is the "official" name when it isn't. Meaning, verify your claims before you make them.
© mIRC Discussion Forums