mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Clubfoot slight debug enhancement - 03/08/03 08:27 PM
just a very small thing i've noticed which, in my opinion, would be handy. consider ending the debugging automatically for a window that has been closed.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: slight debug enhancement - 03/08/03 08:52 PM
It does already, mIRC can't receive messages from rooms that you arn't currently present in. If you mean close the debug window then that is possible with scripting, though remember that a debug window will log for the server you are on, not just the room you issued /debug in.
Posted By: Clubfoot Re: slight debug enhancement - 03/08/03 09:00 PM
i mean when i type /debug @win then i close the window, /debug will still show
* Debug output on (@win)
Posted By: KingTomato Re: slight debug enhancement - 03/08/03 09:11 PM
Obviously its going to show that its debugging in that window if you tell it to. Just becaue you close the window doesnt mean it should clear the line "* Debug output on (@win)" from the window you typed it in. Thats like saying that mirc should clear all the lines typed by a user from a channel when s/he parts the channel.
Posted By: Clubfoot Re: slight debug enhancement - 03/08/03 09:13 PM
no. i receive that line when I type /debug after I close the window, it wasnt a part of the buffer before
Posted By: codemastr Re: slight debug enhancement - 03/08/03 10:05 PM
Yeah I see what you mean, seems sorta like a bug. For everyone who doesn't see what he means, type:
/debug
you get:
* Debug output off
type:
/debug @debug
you get:
* Debug output on (@debug)
type:
/window -c @debug
type:
/debug
you get:
* Debug output on (@debug)
type:
/debug off
you get:
* Debug output off
type:
/debug
you get:
* Debug output off

What he is saying is, why is it, after I close @debug, mIRC is still telling me it is logging to @debug and that debugging is still on. You shouldn't have to close the @debug window and /debug off, closing the window should implicitly call /debug off.
Posted By: Hammer Re: slight debug enhancement - 04/08/03 06:33 AM
Code:

on *:CLOSE:@Debug*: .debug off

You could also rewrite /debug to allow for multiple @Debug windows open simultaneously by appending .$cid to the window name. (Or @Debug::$network::$server::$cid)
Posted By: ScatMan Re: slight debug enhancement - 05/08/03 12:44 AM
on *:close:@*:if ($target == $debug) .debug off
will be better
© mIRC Discussion Forums