mIRC Homepage
Posted By: eahm Script Editor Theming? - 02/04/23 07:33 PM
Would it be possible/fun to add this feature?
Posted By: Epic Re: Script Editor Theming? - 03/04/23 12:23 PM
I suspect that in order to be able to change the theme in the script editor to different shades of color, and also for script syntax highlighting with custom settings, will have to develop this yourself, and then embed it in mIRC, with the creation of a new button.
Posted By: eahm Re: Script Editor Theming? - 03/04/23 06:07 PM
Let's just say it would be cool to have a black background and white text option.
Posted By: maroon Re: Script Editor Theming? - 04/04/23 05:28 AM
Well having a binary choice between black-on-white and white-on-black is completely different than your asking for theming, as that sounded like syntax highlighting.

Based on the fact that the font 'Emoji One Color' glitches in the scripts editor the same way it does in the editbox when I set that as channel font, I'm assuming the script editor is drawn using RichText the same way the editbox is, so colorizing should be doable.

I'm not so sure a new color setting for the alt+K window would need to happen, but maybe something more in sync with whatever your existing theme is, so perhaps a setting in Editor Options to choose to have the editor colors match from your existing theme, such as from one of

$color(editbox text) and $color(editbox)
$color(normal) and $color(background)
$color(treebar text) and $color(treebar)

As for what colors if any would be changed for the row# column, it might be best to leave those alone?
Posted By: Wollino Re: Script Editor Theming? - 22/12/23 10:32 AM
It's probably not the right section, but in response to this post, I would like other users to join my thoughts to request en masse the ability to customize the schemes (mIRC Color) of each individual channel.

The idea is to add the possibility of setting a different scheme for each individual channel (and based on the network) in the "mIRC Color" window. Many networks have the ability to remove colors from messages, but this solution is not the most optimal.

The mIRC user should not limit himself to setting up a single scheme, because this does not fit all channels. Many channels that have bots inside, or users who use inappropriate colors, often do not allow the texts to be displayed correctly within the channel. (Example: Blue color (CTRL+K 2) on a dark background.

Furthermore, the "Scheme" command must be added in the popup menu that opens by right-clicking on the button of each channel, to simplify the choice or modification instantly.

I hope this idea of mine will be accepted as soon as possible!! It would be a wonderful gift for the entire mIRC people :-)

Thank you Khaled, I trust in your good heart and professionalism.
© mIRC Discussion Forums