mIRC Homepage
Posted By: MaxEvans I need 4K compatible program. - 17/02/16 05:19 AM
I bought a $1,600 gaming laptop that happens to have a 4K display, and mIRC is small... like really small. I can't even see the text on the program. Is there any update in the near future that will fix this issue, because I'm sure other people have 4K displays.
Posted By: klez Re: I need 4K compatible program. - 19/02/16 09:25 AM
Type everywhere /font and select a bigger font and set as default and you will see the text normal.
Posted By: gooshie Re: I need 4K compatible program. - 20/02/16 04:44 PM
How small are the toolbar icons on the 4K monitor? I can only imagine because the default set is still 16x16. I have used /toolbar and toolbar.ini to remove unwanted icons, add new functions and use my own set of larger icons in place of mIRCs default set.

This is one of the reasons I made a feature request that the toolbar be replaceable with a @custom window that could have all the features custom windows now have. One feature that could be implemented would be scalability.

Khaled had mentioned before version 7 that after finishing the Unicode upgrade he would work on the interface. I hope he still has that on the list because not only are the icons shrinking but they are beginning to look dated as well. My guess is that he will settle for having a icon library type dll as the default set that takes screen size into account but leaves some options for sizing and modification.
Posted By: MaxEvans Re: I need 4K compatible program. - 12/03/16 12:40 AM
It's pretty small. The text can be fixed, but the toolbar icons are small too. So, it's kind of hard to do anything. I'm using third party programs in the mean time.
Posted By: MaxEvans Re: I need 4K compatible program. - 13/03/16 07:28 AM
Here's a screenshot of mIRC themed with a toolbar I created for some dialogs I made using MSL. Even the dialogs are small as hell. The font can be fixed, but the dialogs and such, including the toolbar icons, those you can't type something and magically fix them. lol Would be nice if you could though.

Posted By: MeStinkBAD Re: I need 4K compatible program. - 15/03/16 01:24 AM
The only solution is to use Windows display scaling, though Microsoft recommends against using this feature. But if you wish you enable it via All Control Panels > Display, and click the scaling level link (Windows 10).
Posted By: Mr_Satan Re: I need 4K compatible program. - 14/11/16 04:40 AM
I have the same problem with my 43" 4K UHD monitor. I changed scaling to 325% and chose a slightly larger font, this fixes the text but not the buttons below the menu bar. This is a common problem with using a 4K resolution, a lot of programs don't scale correctly.
Posted By: vinifera Re: I need 4K compatible program. - 15/12/16 08:27 AM
thats win32 control problem/issue
not the mirc's

AFAIK only programs done in WPF have full scaling support
© mIRC Discussion Forums