mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Wollino update commands - 13/02/16 05:15 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post, I hope to not do harm. I would suggest adding a command that allows you to add in a simple and fast channels at once. the idea came after using the command /server

/server -a irc.servername.com -p 6667 .......

the command may be so:

(Multi Add Channels :: Favorites Add Channels /mac :: /fac)

/mac -c #chan1,#chan2,#chan3 -p mypass (optional) -d my_description (optional) -n network1,network2,network3 (optional) -j join_on_connet (optional) -m minimize_on_connect (optional) -f foldername1,foldername2,foldername3 (optional)

This avoids manually enter the add channel window, avoiding many steps.

NOTE:
Also, if possible I would suggest to update via the FLAG -r (remove) some commands, to make sure that the default does not take effect on all the specified parameters.

The commands are:
/partall -r #chan1,#chan2,#chan3 (specifying the flag -r effect of /partall will not affect #chan1,#chan2,#chan3 that protects the channels by /partall)
/close -r nick1,nick2,nick3 (specifying the flag -r closes all queries except those of nick1 nick2 nick3)

/amsg -r #chan1,#chan2,#chan3 (specifying the flag -r the effect /amsg will not affect on #chan1 #chan2 #chan3)
/qmsg -r #chan1,#chan2,#chan3 (specifying the flag -r the effect /qmsg will not affect on #chan1 #chan2 #chan3)
/ame -r #chan1,#chan2,#chan3 (specifying the flag -r the effect /ame will not affect on #chan1 #chan2 #chan3)

/mdi -ib act
-i for iconized all channels whit to only command
-b to position all channels in an orderly manner, as is obtained by shift-right click mouse on the title bar of the channel

These were just small ideas.

Thanks Khaled.
Posted By: klez Re: update commands - 16/02/16 08:07 AM
You can do it with scripts and is not so complicated..
Posted By: Wollino Re: update commands - 20/02/16 05:45 PM
probably it is not complicated, but I'm not able to do so. I think it's more just to add / update these default commands. in this way you get a more complete command.

when you put the switchbar vertically because you have many channels, it is convenient to be able to scroll with the mouse the list of channels.

currently this is possible using the mouse wheel, but when you have many networks and many channels, the wheel is uncomfortable. then I thought of a solution of this type:

CTRL + rightclick of the mouse, and drag vertically up or down the channels, to move in a more efficient and find first what you want.

I was inspired by this this feature in ZBrush (for 3D graphics program) that uses this function to navigate through the endless commands quickly and accurately.
© mIRC Discussion Forums