mIRC Homepage
Posted By: mrlindstrom Specify Sort Type in $findfile - 09/06/12 01:48 AM
This is mainly beneficial for the times $findfile is run on a network share and not on the local machine. If $findfile is called on a network share, the sort order will be file creation time and not by alphabetical file name.

Request: Add ability to choose sort type on $findfile (e.g. creation date, name, modified data, etc.)
Posted By: argv0 Re: Specify Sort Type in $findfile - 09/06/12 02:11 AM
Is there a reason order matters? Doing a recursive search on a directory tree is typically orderless. You could have a sort type, but the identifier already has quite a few parameters, and adding more would just make a much more monolithic function for IMO a fairly uncommon case. Note that you can /echo the contents to a hidden @window that has the sort switch enabled and sort that way.
Posted By: mrlindstrom Re: Specify Sort Type in $findfile - 09/06/12 06:04 PM
Take the fserve for example, even it does not sort when the dir command is issued. It could be used to show the newest files on top, for example.
Posted By: argv0 Re: Specify Sort Type in $findfile - 09/06/12 07:57 PM
But fserve doesn't use $findfile (and even if it did, there would be no way to specify which sort order to use), so what you're asking is now very different from the original request. Are you suggesting that fserve output is buggy?

mIRC could always alphabetically sort directory listings (in $findfile and fserve), but that would be different from adding a customizable parameter.
Posted By: arc123 Re: Specify Sort Type in $findfile - 11/02/15 01:24 PM
even if people using the web of www.icq.com i cant read their type of arabic from my mirc version 7.38 so any help..
Posted By: westor Re: Specify Sort Type in $findfile - 11/02/15 01:39 PM
Originally Posted By: arc123
even if people using the web of www.icq.com i cant read their type of arabic from my mirc version 7.38 so any help..

LOL! Do not reply on non-related posts, start a new on mIRC Help section on this forum next time, this post has nothing to do with yours reply.

Read about this here
© mIRC Discussion Forums