mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Paruny Adding user nick on server pages - 11/04/12 09:29 PM

When you got to 'edit server' you can add description and server address, it should also be possible to enter your nickname here.
Posted By: argv0 Re: Adding user nick on server pages - 13/04/12 06:06 AM
This is a useful feature, but I don't think the server list is the right place to set your nick. There is definitely a need for mIRC to have a per-server configuration user interface, but it should be in Alt+O -> Connect, not the Servers list. That way you could set multiple nicks/passwords/channels for networks, and not have to worry about the specific server you're connecting to on the network.
Posted By: TechieDragon Re: Adding user nick on server pages - 19/04/12 01:04 AM
HERE HERE!!!!

I actually joined the forums, to suggest this exact feature. I use different nicks on different servers. I would also like to suggest a spot to put the /ns command text as some servers have different syntax. (Although I don't personally like to store my passwords were they are easily accessible; other's might not mind this.)
Posted By: landonsandor Re: Adding user nick on server pages - 20/04/12 12:08 AM
I agree as well. Server specific nick info w/o scripting would be a nice addition
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Adding user nick on server pages - 20/04/12 10:17 AM
I have to agree with argv0 here... server specific doesn't make much sense. *Network* specific is what would be useful. I certainly wouldn't want to set me information up on 20+ servers on a network when the information will be the same on all of them.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: Adding user nick on server pages - 20/04/12 06:23 PM
whoops, yeah, I meant to say network not server lol
© mIRC Discussion Forums