mIRC Homepage
It's odd that mirc would support links of the form <a href="irc://EFnet/mirchelp" target="_blank">irc://EFnet/mirchelp</a> (or whatever it is) within IE, yet not support that format in its own URL recognition scheme.

Actually I never have been able to get it to work in IE, but I'd think it would at least work in mirc itself.

I'm just sayin'. wink
If you mean being able to click on an irc:// link in a channel to visit that channel, it's not a bad idea though it would make unsolicited advertising more common.
not bad idea thought. smirk and the use of ftp://* was also nice grin
ON ^*:HOTLINK:*irc*:*:{
if (. isin $1 && $left($1,6) == <a href="irc://)" target="_blank">irc://)</a> return
halt
}

ON *:HOTLINK:*irc*:*:{
if (. isin $1 && $left($1,6) == <a href="irc://)" target="_blank">irc://)</a> .url $1
halt
}

Then irc:// will work perfectly.
perhaps without the if (. isin $1) part - <a href="irc://dalnet/#somechan" target="_blank">irc://dalnet/#somechan</a>
yes, that would work -- but the idea is to be able to help newbie users join channels. i think that would be why anyways.... thats what i would use it for wink lol
Yes, I know perfectly well how to script it.

I was suggesting it as a Feature, so that other people who do NOT know how to script it could use it.

Then I could tell people "click here" instead of "carefully type this line including all punctuation".

Glad I did a quick search before posting. smile

Yes, it would be nice if mIRC supported it's own protocol identifier (irc://) along with telnet:// gopher:// and all the others... shouldn't be too hard to just get the associations from the OS like any other program.

What I'd like to see is full use of the URL qualifiers such as <a href="irc://username:password@hostname.ext/channel?command=parameter" target="_blank">irc://username:password@hostname.ext/channel?command=parameter</a> and the like.
© mIRC Discussion Forums