mIRC Homepage
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog .msecs for /.timer - 07/09/10 04:50 AM
With a normal timer, you can return how many seconds there is left until it triggers by using $timer(n/name).secs

But with -m/h timers(that use milliseconds) there isn't a prop to return the time left in milliseconds. I can use the .secs prop and return the seconds left as though passed through $int() but there seems to be no way to accurately get the milliseconds left. I'd like to see it implemented, for the -m/h timers.

Currently when I create a timer inwhich i need to return the milliseconds, I am having to store $ticks in the name or such, then take that value, add the delay to it and then subtract the current $ticks, which makes things a little confusing.

To me it seems if there is a way to return the seconds left for a non-multimedia timer, there should be a way to return the milliseconds for a multimedia timer
Posted By: Knoeki Re: .msecs for /.timer - 07/09/10 08:51 AM
Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
Currently when I create a timer inwhich i need to return the milliseconds, I am having to store $ticks in the name or such, then take that value, add the delay to it and then subtract the current $ticks, which makes things a little confusing.

Not to mention that $ticks isn't a real representation of milliseconds.
Posted By: Wims Re: .msecs for /.timer - 07/09/10 11:08 PM
This has been asked in the past :
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=6&Number=144371&Searchpage=1&Main=26827&Words=%2Btimer+%2Bmillisecond&topic=0&Search=true#Post144371
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ub...true#Post198457
And indeed, this should already exists
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog Re: .msecs for /.timer - 08/09/10 03:28 AM
sorry for the re-post then. Guess i didn't go back far enough in my searches
Posted By: Knoeki Re: .msecs for /.timer - 19/10/10 09:55 PM
So.. any chance of this being added? (:
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: .msecs for /.timer - 19/10/10 10:02 PM
Khaled rarely tells us what he plans to add. smile
Posted By: Knoeki Re: .msecs for /.timer - 21/10/10 02:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Khaled rarely tells us what he plans to add. smile

I know ;_) I just thought I'd bring this back to attention (:
Posted By: MeStinkBAD Re: .msecs for /.timer - 22/10/10 04:31 AM
Shouldn't .secs return a floating point value if a value is specified using the -m/-h switch. Otherwise you are going to have confusion.
Posted By: Knoeki Re: .msecs for /.timer - 22/10/10 01:55 PM
Originally Posted By: MeStinkBAD
Shouldn't .secs return a floating point value if a value is specified using the -m/-h switch. Otherwise you are going to have confusion.

That would be a good idea as well. To be honest, I don't really care that much, as long as we get the possibility to get milliseconds from $timer().
© mIRC Discussion Forums