mIRC Homepage
Posted By: SGR UPnP support for DCC - 30/08/10 09:31 PM
A lot of us are behind NATing routers which causes DCC connections to not function. As I understand it, UPnP support should resolve this.
Posted By: Sat Re: UPnP support for DCC - 30/08/10 10:18 PM
And it does indeed. What is your feature suggestion?
Posted By: drum Re: UPnP support for DCC - 31/08/10 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: SGR
A lot of us are behind NATing routers which causes DCC connections to not function. As I understand it, UPnP support should resolve this.

As Sat mentioned, this is already implemented. If it is not working for you, go to mIRC options > Connect > Options, click on the "Ports..." button and make sure "DCC connections" is checked under the "UPnP support" section (middle section).

Also note that UPnP will only help in sending files. If you are having problems establishing a connection when receiving a file, the sender may need to check his settings.
Posted By: RoCk Re: UPnP support for DCC - 31/08/10 01:52 PM

Not all NAT routers cause DCC to fail, only misconfigured ones do.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: UPnP support for DCC - 31/08/10 04:15 PM
Also, not all routers are set up to automatically handle upnp. You may have to make changes to the router's settings to get it to work and may even have to make changes in Windows depending on your current setup.
Posted By: Thels Re: UPnP support for DCC - 31/08/10 09:23 PM
Originally Posted By: RoCk
Not all NAT routers cause DCC to fail, only misconfigured ones do.

That makes it sound like the average NAT router with default settings will work, which is not true. Unless UPnP is enabled and working correctly, a router that is on it's default settings will not allow you to host DCC connections.

For DCC to work with you as the host, you have to forward a port to your own computer.
Posted By: RoCk Re: UPnP support for DCC - 01/09/10 03:09 AM

Yep I do know how routers work.
Posted By: SGR Re: UPnP support for DCC - 08/09/10 09:41 PM
My bad. I Didn't see the options there - I'd been looking under the DCC options not "Connect" ones.

Didn't think to check the Help file :$
© mIRC Discussion Forums