mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Horstl /.play -a - 09/07/09 08:40 PM
Prefixing the /play command with a full stop will silence the playstatus echoes:
Quote:
* Playing 'file.ext' to #target with Nms delay
* Playback of 'file.ext' complete
...imho that's is the only effect the dot should have.

If you play a set of commands with /play -c or /.play -c, the behaviour is also like expected:
- if prefixed with a dot, there are no playstatus echoes
- the dot won't affect the played commands itself (they may of course be silenced by adding full stops to them - if you like to).

However, if playing lines to an alias (/.play -a), the behaviour is odd:
- no playstatus echoes, as expected
- but all commands inside your alias are silenced as well
Example:
/play -a testalias #somechan test.txt
Code:
alias testalias {
  echo -a this line will always display (expected)
  var -s %test the switch won't create an echo if the alias was called by /.play (not expected)
  msg #somechan you won't see this outgoing message if you used /.play to silence the playstatus echoes (not expected)
}
(Of course in a real script you'd do something with $1-)

My guess is that all commands inside the alias "inherit" the dot from the /.play command ("/echo" will echo even if prefixed).
I don't know whether the curent behaviour is by accident or by design - I decided to post in the feature suggestions - but I think the user should be able to decide himself which commands to silence.

Thanks smile
Posted By: Wims Re: /.play -a - 09/07/09 10:12 PM
I think it the same as this : https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=8&Number=201306&Searchpage=1&Main=37291&Words=%24regsubex+var+-s&topic=0&Search=true#Post201306
It has been changed, it could be changed for this too since it's probably the same, mirc call the alias silently.

Posted By: Horstl Re: /.play -a - 10/07/09 10:00 AM
Yepp, looks like this has been an analogue issue.
$show is always $false in "/.play -a <alias>". Not only for <alias> itself - also for every alias/identifier that <alias> may call in turn... so you cannot work around it. frown
© mIRC Discussion Forums