mIRC Homepage
Posted By: S1R1US Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 14/04/03 12:42 AM
hehe yeh those of you out there know who you are. If you are like me you can't resist being on 7+ networks and on 20 channel for each network. Well we all know what inconvienance that lil habbit leads to. The bar that contains all your pm's and channels and status windows gets filled up and they get real small to where you can't see a single letter on any of the buttons.

Well making it horizontal and 4 lines is a little better but a very large amount of people would want to be able to specify a larger amount of rows(horizonal) or columns(vertical bar view). Possibly having it so you can scroll them as well instead of in vertical view it just being pushed off to the end of the screen and u not being able to see 90% of yoru tabs.

I don't know what needs to be done to get a new feature in a version, a petition or what signed by registered users all over irc, but i'll do anythign i can to get inot the next version this addon. i have no clue how to do it but i'm told it requires dll modification. You guys are the Pro's and great minds behind our great mirc and thought that maybe you could accomadate the convienance of your followers even further.

Let me know what you all think about the idea, hehe maybe give us the status of your bar currently hehe and err some questions or concerns u would have about why you think this feature should or shouldn't be an addition in the upcoming or sometime soon version of mIRC.

Thanks.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 14/04/03 12:45 AM
by using mdx.dll u can setup something into a tree view list . of all ur chans and networks ...... ive been thinking of doing just that after i get my nicklist all finished ... and remove all of its bugs ive had ....... not too many right now .. so that should be my next project ....... but i do know there is definatly a way to do this ..... ive seen it done by other users
Posted By: S1R1US Re: Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 14/04/03 12:49 AM
yeh tree view is not a bad idea either. my concern with having my bar always filled is not being able to respond to pm's as quickly or at all if i miss them or don't see them for a while becaue they are hidden.
Posted By: PPN Re: Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 14/04/03 02:57 AM
yes i agree it is very troublesome to find a pm or active channel..
I think the treeview or a scrolling bar would be a very nice addition..
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 14/04/03 03:12 AM
Both of them options are scriptable ..... just takes time and patiance
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 14/04/03 06:27 AM
Others have suggested the same things you did (use the search feature here, set to all forums and all dates).

"I don't know what needs to be done to get a new feature in a version..."
Khaled is the only software developer for mIRC, and the decision on what features to add/not add/work on/when is his. No, a petition isnt necessary. Khaled reads these forums, and all the emails he gets. Reading the versions text for any release shows that he takes user input into consideration. While he does occasionally mention here something he is fixing for next version or working on, in general he doesnt publicize his future plans.
Posted By: Chimera Re: Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 14/04/03 06:49 PM
Why rely on manually searching for active channels when you can script it?
Posted By: XiXaQ Re: Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 14/04/03 07:44 PM
It's also possible to use /window -h Windowname, for instance, /window -h #mIRC. That removes the icon for that window. To restore it, use /window -w windowname.
maybe you should try increasing your resolution or make use of the alt+left-click+status-button feature. i never run out of space for my buttons. or you should consider if you are on too many useless channels wink
Posted By: kupotek Re: Your Channel/status/pm bar always full? - 17/04/03 04:26 PM
switchbar -> options -> set it to 2 lines or even 4 !

That should give you enough room.
© mIRC Discussion Forums