mIRC Homepage
Posted By: weedorcollege @highlight - 25/11/07 04:45 PM
Like a good bunch of people, I have many highlight entries. When I come back from awayness, I might have a bunch of channels highlighted and I'll have to scroll up to find the highlights. I saw another topic someone suggested a Jump to highlight command.

However, I suggest an @window be made. Highlights would show up in only when you have an active /away command going. It would be very helpful. It should be able to list the person's name, the channel, and obviously the message.

As such:

<channel> : <nick> message.

I'm no coder, so if anyone wants to take a crack at this, I'd be appreciative.
Posted By: RoCk Re: @highlight - 25/11/07 05:38 PM

You know what would be nice, a HIGHLIGHT event that would basically behave just like the TEXT event with the same identifiers and all. Also an identifier for the word/string that triggered...

$1- would return the entire message just like the TEXT event.
$highlight would return the word or string that triggered the event.

With this event you could do...

Code:

on *:HIGHLIGHT:*:#: {
  if (!$window(@Highlight)) window @Highlight
  aline @Highlight $timestamp # : $+(<,$nick,>) $1-
  aline @Highlight -
}

~ Edit ~
If not the HIGHLIGHT event, then maybe a new IF statement operator for the TEXT event, ISHIGHLIGHT...

Code:

on *:TEXT:*:#: {
  if ($1- ishighlight) {
    if (!$window(@Highlight)) window @Highlight
    aline @Highlight $timestamp # : $+(<,$nick,>) $1-
    aline @Highlight -
  }
}

Any opinions?

Posted By: Wims Re: @highlight - 25/11/07 06:09 PM
The ishighlight operator is a good idea with an $ident that refer to the string, ($highlight is already used).
And if there are more than one string that is triggered, we should be able to use something like $hl(N) that return the N match string or if N = 0 the number of match
Posted By: Horstl Re: @highlight - 25/11/07 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: weedorcollege
I saw another topic someone suggested a Jump to highlight command.

However, I suggest an @window be made.

In this thread you refer to, $ishighlight had been suggested - and with such an identifier (that we do not have (so far)), your "custom window listing all highlights if set away" could be made quite easy - and a lot of other interesting highlight-related scripts.

You request a precast sollution - I'd like to have the means to build indivitual sollutions (like yours) instead smile
Be it a new event, an operator or an identifier, I'd be glad to see a secure method to pick highlighting lines. laugh
Posted By: weedorcollege Re: @highlight - 25/11/07 09:37 PM
I simply want an @window to come up whenever someone highlights me in a channel. I want it to be in this simple format: <Channel>: [Timestamp] <User nick> Message here...

Example: #mIRC: [05:40:54pm] <theweed> Horstl is the man.
Posted By: foshizzle Re: @highlight - 04/12/07 08:43 PM
you dont need a highlight for that.
Code:
on *:TEXT:*:*: { if ($me iswm $1-) { window -dok @User-Highlight | aline 3 @User-Highlight $nick said $1- in $chan at $fulltime $+ . } }

you may need to fix the aline command, I'm at school so i dont have mIRC and I only do picwins

Posted By: RoCk Re: @highlight - 04/12/07 09:25 PM

I can't believe none of the minds on these forums thought of that. shocked

It's not the point that highlight isn't needed for it.
Posted By: PrefeX Re: @highlight - 06/12/07 03:25 AM
I'll rather want to see channel/network specific highlighting
© mIRC Discussion Forums