mIRC Homepage
Posted By: weedorcollege Mark All Read - 11/11/07 03:21 PM
I propose a simple option for those people like me that have OCD. My OCD annoys me when I see a lot of windows colored and I just want them all to be one colors. Other without OCD might just wants this as well.

Anyway, onto the suggestion. I suggest a Mark All Read feature very similar to the forums. When you click it (and it could just be right clicking the server window and hitting "Mark All Read") it'll make it as if you clicked on each channel window.

Simple, and maybe easy to code. I'm no scripter. What do you guys think?
Posted By: jaytea Re: Mark All Read - 11/11/07 04:53 PM
hah, make mIRC more disability friendly :P yes, i suppose it looks neater when everything is one color, here's a small snippet you can use to accomplish this:

Code:
alias ezekiel {
  var %i = 1
  while ($window(*,%i).wid) {
    window -g0 @ $+ $v1
    inc %i
  }
}
alias f2 scon -a ezekiel

then you can press f2 to clear the colors across all networks :P
Posted By: deegee Re: Mark All Read - 11/11/07 04:55 PM
Yep, pretty easy to code smile This adds a toolbar button to remove hilights.
Code:
on *:start:toolbar -az1n20 UnMark "Unhilight all" mirc.exe /unmarkall
alias unmarkall scon -a _unmarkall
alias -l _unmarkall var %i = 1 | while $window(*,%i) { window -g0 $qt($v1) | inc %i }
For a different icon/picfile, change the blue text below (see /help /toolbar for info)
toolbar -az1n20 UnMark "Unhilight all" mirc.exe /unmarkall
Posted By: weedorcollege Re: Mark All Read - 11/11/07 07:05 PM
Well, this was a suggestion to make it a built in mIRC feature but these work. Anyway, Deegee, yours works but is there a way to make it so it only does it for the server you type the command in on?
Posted By: Bekar Re: Mark All Read - 11/11/07 08:28 PM
Remove the 'scon -a' from the unmarkall alias.
Posted By: deegee Re: Mark All Read - 12/11/07 04:59 AM
Or you could use this.
Clicking the button will execute only on the current connection.
Clicking the button while holding down the Control key will execute on ALL connections.
Code:
on *:start:toolbar -az1n20 UnMark "Unhilight all" mirc.exe /unmarkall
alias unmarkall $iif($mouse.key & 2,scon -a) _unmarkall
alias -l _unmarkall var %i = 1 | while $window(*,%i) { window -g0 $qt($v1) | inc %i }
Posted By: weedorcollege Re: Mark All Read - 16/04/09 12:09 PM
Hey guys, the script still works fine, but I was wondering if another small feature could be added. When I click the command, it marks the server window and channels as read, but not the notify lists. Is there a way to make it mark the notify lists as read, too?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Horstl Re: Mark All Read - 16/04/09 01:05 PM
From my point of view it will unmark your notify list as well - do you have multiple notify lists confused
© mIRC Discussion Forums