mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Deele Transperency changing command - 20/07/07 05:15 PM
There is possibility to change window transperency in only one way, opening options, selecting Display\Options\Windows...
Ok, but if we need to change that transperency through script?
Only way to do that is:

To retrive transperency value:
Code:
$gettok($readini(mirc.ini,options,n4),35,44)

To set a new transperency value:
Code:
var %file = $readini(mirc.ini,options,n4), %new-value = 10
writeini mirc.ini options n4 $puttok(%file, %new-value, 35, 44)

And after that, you need to restart mirc and new value will be loaded from mirc.ini file.
Ok, it is easy task, but I think it would be great to make such a command implemented in mirc itself and applying this change without restarting mirc.
Posted By: argv0 Re: Transperency changing command - 22/07/07 04:08 AM
There is a command for this, but it's undocumented because it was sort of taken out but not entirely

Code:
//window -d @test | setlayer 128 @test

command is: /setlayer <0-255> <@window>

See this thread to read why it was 'removed'
Posted By: b1ink Re: Transperency changing command - 22/07/07 09:14 AM
I thought they removed the /setlayer command. also it's not documented, so better have it done.
Posted By: argv0 Re: Transperency changing command - 22/07/07 09:43 AM
it was supposed to be removed, but i guess it wasn't. Yes, maybe the feature suggestion here should be to finally document /setlayer officially, or just remove it if that was the goal. It's silly having undocumented commands for this long
Posted By: RoCk Re: Transperency changing command - 22/07/07 12:58 PM
Actually it wasn't supposed to be removed, but was changed so it cannot be used to effect the main mIRC window as Khaled explained in this sticky post in the bug reports section. I don't know if the command was ever documented in the help file.
© mIRC Discussion Forums