mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Jigsy on *:KILL:{ } - 13/05/07 04:35 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested before, (Well, it might of been, but search shows no results for "on KILL".) but a simple on KILL function (Whatever it is?) which triggers once you've been killed from a network.

I know it's possible with debugging and signalling, but all you'd need to do is check for:

Quote:

[17:33:21] <- :*.ForTheGamers.Org KILL Jigsy :*.ForTheGamers.Org (test kill)

Comments/flames appreciated.
Posted By: qwerty Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 13/05/07 05:03 PM
Raw events were designed exactly for this purpose: to catch events not supported natively. So something like this should work:
Code:
raw KILL:*:{ commands }

Edit: just found a log on the net of a conversation I had with Saturn some time ago, where he showed that raw wouldn't catch a KILL message. I'm not sure if this is still the case in 6.21 but if it is, it is a bug.

Edit 2: Saturn confirmed that it still doesn't work

Edit 3: ..and here's why. I guess I should have used the search feature shocked
Posted By: The_JD Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 14/05/07 03:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Khaled
This is in fact by design, mIRC does not trigger a KILL event when you are killed. Also, in some cases mIRC will not attempt a reconnection after a kill, depending on the type of kill.

I can not understand why the KILL would not be allowed by Khaled to be scripted, But I doubt we can change his mind.

I would very much so like to see this happen in the NEAR future.

However, A work around would be to either change to using a socket proxy (then send signal if $2 == KILL) or use the debug alias... Allthough I won't go into detail on how to do them, I'm sure you can find something on the boards.
Posted By: Rand Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 25/05/07 12:07 AM
"Kill" doesn't have it's own event because, as far as I know, the way a "Kill" happens is variable. It's integrated into the quit message.

UnrealIRCd for example may use:
**** Quit: SomeNick (ident@host.com) [name.of.server.com] Local kill by SOME_OPER (KILL_MESSAGE)

While DALnet will just use:
**** Quit: SomeNick (ident@host.com) Killed blahblahblah

That's just my guess.

Edit: I misunderstood what was being asked.

KILL just triggers for the person being killed. I was thinking someone wanted a way to script their kills seperately from their quits, when it happens to other people.

Anyway, yeah.
Posted By: vexed2 Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 25/05/07 02:04 PM
Also, we're on IRCX servers, the message gets relayed to the status window, i'm 99.9% sure that the on kill event was scriptable in older versions. But i think you should at least be able to script it again.
Posted By: RusselB Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 25/05/07 03:29 PM
if the message is showing, then a script can be written to match the message. The fact that it's showing in the status window simply means that the event will have to monitor all possible locatons, ie: use the * for the location in an ON TEXT or ON NOTICE events. As this is probably coming from the server, I suspect using the ON SNOTICE event would be the proper one.
Posted By: Sat Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 25/05/07 03:57 PM
Quote:
if the message is showing, then a script can be written to match the message.

Now you've done it, the misinformation in this latest post of yours forces me to use bold. There is NO event triggered for incoming 'KILL' messages. AT ALL. And yes, this should really be fixed, if only by making such messages trigger 'raw KILL'.
Posted By: RoCk Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 25/05/07 04:15 PM
There should be a KILL event. In the meantime,
to catch it could you not use the ERROR event?

It looks like someone needs to take a pill. shocked
Posted By: RusselB Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 25/05/07 10:41 PM
I must disagree with you, Sat, since I stated the condition
Quote:
if the message is showing

in my post that must be matched in order for a script to work. If that message, irrelevant as to the method of sending the message, does not exist to the client, then a script cannot be used.

As an IRCop on 2 networks, I have the ability to see kill notices sent by the server, and therefore, I am able to use a script in relation to those snotices, using the ON SNOTICE event.

Posted By: Sat Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 25/05/07 11:49 PM
Yes, mIRC shows the KILL message. It looks like this in the status window:

* bar killed by foo (reason here)

The point of this thread was that no corresponding event triggers when one comes in. Hence, no script can be written to act on such messages.

All of this is completely unrelated to server-generated NOTICE messages (which do trigger an event, that is, the "on SNOTICE" event), so I'm not sure why you have brought that up twice now.
Posted By: vexed2 Re: on *:KILL:{ } - 26/05/07 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: RusselB
As an IRCop on 2 networks

You stated in another thread that the 2 networks were unrealircd, those are NOT ircx.
© mIRC Discussion Forums