mIRC Homepage
Posted By: BBG Mass stuff + moving channels and more - 22/03/03 12:42 AM
I think mIRC should support "mass" actions like mass ban, kick, voice, devoice, op, deop, etc. I had to write a bunch of aliases / scripts to do it...

I'd also like to be able to "arrange" my channel windows by clicking on it and dragging it or something. So, that way, I can move a channel's "minimized" window around the bar.

Also, the ability to use your own browser, I also had to write a script to use mozilla for URLS instead of IE.

Also, I think it would be good to be able to "bind" keys to commands and edit the current mIRC hotkeys, like, you'd be able to change control + n to not only go to the next channel window, but also query windows and stuff.

Another cool thing would be auto-rejoin channel on unban, like, it'd constantly keep trying to "join" but wouldn't tell you in the status window, until you finally join.

I also think that it would be a good feature to be able to "break up" the userlist into catergories like :

Ops
Voiced
Users

It'd also be cool if mIRC could collect channel stats and generate an HTML file based on the various stats collections options (you could decide what kind of stuff you wanted to collect, how many things to list, etc)

Thanks smile
Posted By: BBG Re: Mass stuff + moving channels and more - 22/03/03 03:17 AM
Forgot some stuff

"Channel Control" panel that lets you set things like "kick on cursing" (set curse words, etc), "ban after 3 warning kicks", ban offensive nicks, ban flooders, and other control stuff, would also let you add hostmasks to an "ban on sight" list, for ops that don't have access to modify the autokick list.

"defensive" mode, like, if you're an op and somebody deops you you could like, be automatically reopped and like automatically kick or kickban them.

"Priority users" list which would be like, if the channel is +m, you would voice users on the "priority" list.

Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Mass stuff + moving channels and more - 22/03/03 03:20 AM
taking all the fun out of scripting now arnt ya?
Posted By: BoredNL Re: Mass stuff + moving channels and more - 23/03/03 05:37 AM
How could you reop yourself if you were just deopped??

For the rejoin if banned situation, just add this to your remotes (it's a simple lil script I wrote):

Code:
 on *:BAN:#:{ if ($bnick == $me) { .timerbanned $+ $chan 1 5 rejoin2 $chan } }
alias rejoin2 { if (($nick($1,0) != $null || 0) || ($2 == off))  { .timerrejoin2 $+ $1 off | halt } | else { .timerrejoin2 $+ $1 0 20 rejoin2 $1 } | join $$1 } 

type this in any window (if you've been banned already and want to turn it on):

/rejoin2 #TheChannel

Note: This will make you try to auto-rejoin a channel 5 seconds after being banned (it assumes that you've been kicked as well within a 5 second time-period), and then will try to rejoin the channel every 20 seconds till it is successful. smile If you are banned, and then kicked 6 or more seconds later, it will not try to rejoin the channel. If this happens, just type "/rejoin2 #thechannel" to activate it

To stop trying to rejoin a channel type: /rejoin2 #thechannel off
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Mass stuff + moving channels and more - 23/03/03 08:22 PM
"Also, the ability to use your own browser, I also had to write a script to use mozilla for URLS instead of IE."

mIRC was changed to use your default browser, however there is a bug in it. Workarounds have been given to use until next release. There have been numerous posts about this.

"...be able to change control + n to not only go to the next channel window, but also query windows and stuff"

in case you didnt know, ctrl + tab will cycle thru channel & queries.
Posted By: nimper Re: Mass stuff + moving channels and more - 28/03/03 06:03 AM
Mass modes are not needed because IRC war is dead smirk
Posted By: trenzterra Re: Mass stuff + moving channels and more - 03/04/03 08:29 AM
Not true nimper, my channel got flooded by many many clones today :tongue:

Anyway, to the person who wrote this, if you want all these implemented, you should say 'remove mIRC Scripting support from mIRC'.
© mIRC Discussion Forums