mIRC Homepage
Posted By: FaiNT nick color dialog in address book - 19/12/06 01:04 AM
the nicklist color dialog's list should be set to the background of the nicklist box, set in ^c. so seeing how it would look would still work with ppl with black bg, etc...
Posted By: RusselB Re: nick color dialog in address book - 19/12/06 02:56 AM
While I can see your point, personally I like being able to set the colour of a nick to be the same as the background. I use this setting (although I might be the only one), to make idle users "invisible" in the nicklist. (or at least, presuming I'm understanding your suggestion correctly, which is, to say, that the colour of a nick be shown against the background, so that if someone was using a black background, a nick coloured black would show up as a different colour).

I hope that makes more sense than it does to me now, re-reading it. LOL
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: nick color dialog in address book - 19/12/06 03:38 AM
He means that in the address book, instead of the background always being white, it will match your background color so that you know how the colors will look on the background that you are using.

The question I have is... do you use the background color so you see how it looks in the channel/query window? Or do you use the nicklist background color so you see how it looks in the nicklist window? Granted most people probably have them both set to the same color, but what if they don't? Which is more important?

Maybe just have the option to switch the background color between all available colors so that you can see how it looks on multiple backgrounds.
Posted By: Sais Re: nick color dialog in address book - 19/12/06 09:39 AM
A sort of "preview" option?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: nick color dialog in address book - 19/12/06 02:22 PM
Basically, yeah. Within the address book where you see the color settings for nicks.
© mIRC Discussion Forums