mIRC Homepage
Posted By: invid Global Hotkey to Restore the main Mirc Window - 06/09/06 05:40 AM
I am a big fan of hotkeys / keyboard navigating etc. I usually run mIRC minimized to the system tray, and it gets tedious double clicking the icon to restore the window when I am doing other things etc. It would be really cool to be able to simply fire a hotkey and have mIRC restore, then I can chat a line or two, then minimize it with my close hotkey - and I've never had to touch the mouse in this process.
easy work around. Do NOT minimize mIRC to the tray. this is set in : (tools/display/options/[tray]

Then you could use 'alt+tab' to cycle through the 'active programs'
Good point, except that I am a bit weird, and don't want it in my taskbar. I'm just sayin it would be cool to hit a hotkey and have mirc restore.
Seconded.

I've always thought it would be handy if mIRC had a "minimize to nothing" option that would prevent it from appearing in ALT-TAB, on the task bar, or in the tray. Totally invisible (except perhaps for the task list).

This would be quite useful to those who run mIRC-based bots on shared/family machines and don't want it's presence to be completely obvious.

With a global restore hotkey, the idea could work quite nicely.
yim uses [windows key]+y to open it as a global hotkey.. to bad [windows key]+m is for minimize all.. :tongue:
© mIRC Discussion Forums