mIRC Homepage
Posted By: LostServ Treebar - 29/07/06 01:07 AM
So far i'm loving it. Though there's one thing I liked about the Switchbar that this one doesn't have (or that I haven't figured out how to do it yet).

On the Switchbar you could click on the channel button twice (once to bring it up, once to minimize it back down). I would really like that functionality in the treebar.
Posted By: RSCruiser Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 01:10 AM
I was just about to post something about this. Being able to minimize windows like the switchbar would be very usefull.

Looking great so far. grin
Posted By: Sephiroth_ Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 01:24 AM
The Treebar has 2 annoying bugs i found so far, ALT+F1 doesn't work for it and it expands if you click on a channel in a "collapsed" network :\

Also the normal Switchbar has changed... the buttons are to large now frown (even on small) and it doesn't fill completly if you select it in the options dialog (if you have it on the left or right side)
Posted By: qwerty Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 11:12 AM
Neither of those are bugs. The treebar isn't designed to mimick every aspect of the switchbar's behaviour. The current policy is that you can expand/collapse branches as you wish but as soon as you move to a window, the respective item in the treebar is selected and made visible (meaning the branch is expanded if necessary).
Posted By: sdamon Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 11:32 AM
even so, the origional suggestion of this thread should seriously be looked into for the next release. ill be useing escape alot till then...
Posted By: damian Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 11:40 AM
A couple of things that I think should be added to the Treeview:

- Firstly, the ability to modify the colours. If you don't use a White background on other mIRC windows the white background on the Treeview can become very hard on the eyes (especially if you have a black background normally) not to mention the fact that it looks completely out of place.

- Secondly, if you have a channel or window that exceeds the text limit viewable (for example a long filename on a DCC Send/Get), you can't view the rest of the window name at all, it just goes off and even if you hover over the window it doesn't pop up with a message saying what the window is.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 12:01 PM
#1) check the new setting options available through Alt+K
#2) confirmed.
Posted By: gomp Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 08:46 PM
I cant find the treebar.. I uppdated..
I am drunk, but still.. where is this, and what is this?
I bet thwere are many who wonder as me.. confused
Posted By: LostServ Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 09:00 PM
It's in the View menu at the top.
Posted By: gomp Re: Treebar - 29/07/06 09:20 PM
Thank you! laugh
Posted By: RusselB Re: Treebar - 30/07/06 12:48 AM
next time you update, be sober.
Posted By: hixxy Re: Treebar - 30/07/06 12:52 AM
Where's the fun in that? shocked
Posted By: vasil_michev Re: Treebar - 30/07/06 08:58 AM
try CTRL+click, its in the versions.txt. you can also hide the non-active window, just like with switchbar. but still, pure single-clicking is more intuitive I beleive.
Posted By: vudu Re: Treebar - 01/08/06 05:06 PM
Quote:
On the Switchbar you could click on the channel button twice (once to bring it up, once to minimize it back down). I would really like that functionality in the treebar.

I would like to second that. It's a very nice feature of the "old" switchbar, and seeing that feature in the treebar would improve it even more.
Posted By: Doqnach Re: Treebar - 04/08/06 08:41 AM
indeed... I keep doing this and keep seeing it doesn't work :-P

I really used it alot for switching quickly between two channels
Posted By: Om3n Re: Treebar - 04/08/06 04:30 PM
The very nature of a treebar is not designed to have such behavior. I can't think of any other program that uses a tree and allows it.
© mIRC Discussion Forums