mIRC Homepage
Posted By: basicer .NET - 14/06/06 07:33 PM
I suggest mIRC be recoded in .NET
Posted By: Jigsy Re: .NET - 14/06/06 08:27 PM
oh Good God no ...
Posted By: hixxy Re: .NET - 14/06/06 10:12 PM
Isnt the .NET framework 28mb? That would have to be packaged along with the mIRC installer.. not a great idea.
Posted By: DaveC Re: .NET - 14/06/06 10:26 PM
you could point to where it is at MS then not have to package along with it, but really it would be a really stupid idea to do.
>NETers never think of anything besides there little saftey .NET!
Posted By: bwr30060 Re: .NET - 15/06/06 01:23 AM
I know the "you can script it" argument isn't supposed to be made for feature suggestions, and I don't know exactly what you're thinking of as far as more advantages with .NET, but I've made a few DLLs for mIRC using .NET 2.0. I admit that I'm new to VB programming, but it seems like you can just code DLLs to do whatever you want, including using the .NET framework.
Posted By: Kandar Re: .NET - 15/06/06 06:45 AM
not defending the idea, but if you are able to have Windows XP updated completely, you most likely have the .NET framework installed already. at least version 1.1 so you wouldnt really have to package the framework with it. just a way for the install to detect to see if the framework is installed.
Posted By: DaveC Re: .NET - 15/06/06 08:36 AM
the frame work is an optional component (as far as im aware) so wont have installed on any update unless specificly selected.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: .NET - 15/06/06 12:28 PM
To add to Kandar's post, if you use Windows update and are current in Win2k Pro (is the version I have though I would GUESS all Win2k's are the same), you have .NET Framework 2.0 Installed
Posted By: basicer Re: .NET - 15/06/06 10:15 PM
I dont think the .NET Run time is an issue here. With so many newer programs using .NET, your going to want to get it sooner or later. Also Im sure it will install by default when VISTA ships.
© mIRC Discussion Forums