mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Lloyd_B Add Vertical Window Tiling - 20/05/06 02:44 AM
I'd like to suggest vertical window tiling within mirc. It already has horizontal tiling, which turns into vertical and horizontal tiling when four or more windows are active. However, there's no option to start out with vertical tiling, it has to be done manually.

Additionally, although I really don't know if this is possible, could there be per monitor tiling or whatever it would be called? Basically recognizing the split between the monitors and organize the windows so they fit properly on each monitor instead of panning across both (like if there were only two monitors and the horizontal tiling was used)? I'm guessing that would be difficult with monitors set at different resolutions, but usually people use both at the same resolution, at least in my experience.

The reason I ask this is that I'm encountering a number of people like myself who use more than one monitor. Sometimes I spread mirc onto both of mine to maximize the viewing of channels and privmsg's.

mIRC already has dual monitor support. It's obviously recognized as being something people use. Why not take it further?

Anyway, that's just my thoughts and suggestions. smile
Posted By: ARcanUSNUMquam Re: Add Vertical Window Tiling - 20/05/06 06:05 AM
This feature would also be good for those of us with widescreens.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Add Vertical Window Tiling - 20/05/06 06:39 AM
As you noted, the tiling effect does go to a horizontal/vertical composition with 4 or more windows. If you want the vertical tiling with less than 4 windows, simply hold the SHIFT key down while you click on the Tiling button. Personally I agree it would be nice to have this, however, the above is a workable solution (even if it's not the best)
© mIRC Discussion Forums