mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Foster $getaddress without using IAL - 31/03/06 03:22 PM
It would be nice to have a $getaddress identifier (could be named anything) that would:

1. For events, such as on TEXT and CTCP, return the address of the user that the server sent for that specific message. (Mostly useful for private messages/CTCP's where the sender/receiver share no common channels).

2. For all other places, it would do a /userhost on the nickname and return the address (the way that the /ignore command does if the target is not in the IAL).

It would be mostly needed to get around the biggest limitation of the Internal Address List: the fact that only entries are stored for users sharing a common channel. As a side effect, it would also allow you to retrieve the address of users that join a channel and it is the first common channel. The syntax should probably be the same or very similar to $address.

An alternative would be to add a property (such as .server) to the $address identifier ($address($nick, 5).server) to perform the functionality described above.
Posted By: mIRCManiac Re: $getaddress without using IAL - 31/03/06 03:31 PM
Try $fulladdress for the events
Posted By: RRX Re: $getaddress without using IAL - 15/04/06 08:52 PM
+ $site and $wildsite

Aside note: some networks have a vhost service that allows you to switch it on/off without a (fake) disconnect or any other signal to indicate this to other users, so the IAL can have an entry that is not same as the current. I think it's best to use IAL addresses as less as possible.
Posted By: hixxy Re: $getaddress without using IAL - 16/04/06 09:10 AM
I think a better addition would be something that will pause script execution until the ial is filled (like /updatenl but it will WAIT until the ial is filled), so you could do something like this:

Code:
on *:join:#:{
  if ($nick == $me) {
    if (!$chan($chan).ial) fillial
    if (!$chan($chan).ibl) fillibl
    if (!$chan($chan).iel) filliel
    if (!$chan($chan).iil) filliil
    echo -a $address($nick($chan,1),2)
  }
}
Posted By: MiSsInGnO Re: $getaddress without using IAL - 06/05/06 12:44 AM
Please keep in mind that the /userhost thing would work asynchronously, which means that if something were to happen (like say, your connection goes down), the event may just not work the way it was expected to!

Best regards
© mIRC Discussion Forums