mIRC Homepage
Posted By: drittsekk target change too fast message - 27/06/05 12:35 PM
nick/channel Target change too fast. Please wait X seconds.

This message appears in the status window. It would have been more nice if it appeared in the nickname or channel window. This way, I will avoid talking to someone without knowing that the message can't be transfered.

Moved to Feature Suggestions
Posted By: landonsandor Re: target change too fast message - 27/06/05 01:33 PM
That's not a bug. That's a server message that's being displayed to you. If you want it shown in the active window you'll have to script it. I BELIEVE it is a RAW message tho dont remember which one. It happens when (for instance) you ping a channel and notice/ctcpreply them their lag time.
Posted By: Mentality Re: target change too fast message - 27/06/05 02:31 PM
It is raw 439, and is not supported by all networks, and can vary from network to network.

Nothing to do with mIRC though drittsekk!

Regards,
Posted By: landonsandor Re: target change too fast message - 27/06/05 04:30 PM
thanks for the clarification on the raw number. Yeah, I suppose saying it's not everywhere woulda helped too tho in the OP's case, it's there smile
Posted By: drittsekk Re: target change too fast message - 27/06/05 05:10 PM
I know what the raw is. I don't think you got my point

Some users are not experienced with scripting, and are not able to make this remote. It would have been useful if the "target change too fast" message came up when chatting to another person in the active window rather than the status window.

This way, the user will be able to know at once that the message did not reach the receiver.
Like what was done with the "no such nick" message in previous versions, as I recall.
Posted By: tidy_trax Re: target change too fast message - 27/06/05 05:33 PM
Agreed. I'd much rather see it in the active window than the status window.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: target change too fast message - 27/06/05 11:22 PM
yes I agree that people dont always know about it. As to your other point, so noted *nod*

Maybe post it in the SUGGESTION forum rather than the BUGS forum tho (cause it's a desired option rather than an improperly working one) smile Might get more replies in your favor smile
Post deleted by landonsandor
Posted By: Collective Re: target change too fast message - 28/06/05 03:22 AM
It was moved, see the first post smile
Posted By: landonsandor Re: target change too fast message - 28/06/05 03:24 AM
yeah, noticed that after I posted lol
© mIRC Discussion Forums