mIRC Homepage
I suggest we make it where we are able to make Custon "ON" things
like the ON ^*:TEXT:*:*: { }
what if we want to make a custom thing that most people cant see? shocked
well as of now.. we can't but personally i would like to see this in futer versions smile

~NightQuest~
What else is there to trigger on? Alle irc related events are possible, either with on something or with RAW events.

If you want to run a custom trigger from a script or whatever, check the on signal (/help /signal) event trigger, maybe that's what you want?

If not, then please elaborate what you suggest, perhaps with some clear examples and an explanantion of the suggested syntax.
well some servers have more than just vho/+%@ and i would like to include those via "on"

eg. ON ^*:OWNER:*:#: { } etc.
and maybe have a section like the ALIAS in remotes:

EVENT(or whatever) $Owner {
blah blah blah
}
on owner
on deowner

those both work like on op, and use $opnick like on op.
thats where signals come in handy rawcheck for if a mode isin rawtext then do a /signal -n mode $1-

on *:signal:mode: { do stuff here }

although you just do a on raw there too smirk
OK... How about making custom operators? Something like

isowner

and possibly making the /window command allow full control over all windows, as I seemed to have some trouble altering a normal channel window smile

In any case, I'll still look into the Signals but they seem more like more raw work then I would like to do :P

-EDIT-
Also, is there a way to alter the raw connection between mIRC and the server?
Quote:
OK... How about making custom operators? Something like

isowner

That operator exists already, but I like the idea.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to alter the raw connection between mIRC and the server?

Short answer: no.
Long answer: no, but you can write your own connection script using sockets to connect to irc and alter the data being sent through your sockets.
Ok, I have seen that isowner and ON OWNER/DEOWNER exists, but yet I have never seen them......

Perhaps my helpfile is old? *tries it out*

And another thing... Is there a way to say...listen on a certain port, and once a connection is made redirect that connection to another port?

-EDIT-

ok... they do exist, but they are not mentioned in the helpfile? And what about ON PROTECT/DEPROTECT and isprotect[ed]
me and silent-shadow have tooken some time and explored these, ON OWNER and ON DEOWNER exist, as he said what about protect?

we have tried on protect/on deprotect; nothing

i just thought it would be a nice feature and is there another place where i can learn about the on signals?
the help dosnt help much..

~NightQuest~
Code:
on *:RAWMODE:#: { 
 ;$1 == the one who sets it, $3 == modes set, $4- == nick(s) affected
 if (-* iswm $3) && (a isin $3) { ;on Deprotect event }
 if (+* iswm $3) && (a isin $3) { ;on protect event }
}
Your script would trigger the 'deprotect' part when somebody does something like /mode #chan [color:red]-o+a nick nick[/color], when in fact this command should trigger the 'protect' part.

Also, $1 is not the person who sets the mode, that's $nick. $1- is modes and their parameters, so in the example above
$1 = -o+a
$2 = nick
$3 = nick
$1- = -o+a nick nick
That means you should change every instance of $3 to $1.
I have created complicated scripts such as that, and as for the $1 $2 being other things... That's not how I found it.

;$1 = modes,$nick = User,$chan = Location
ON *:RAWMODE:#: {
var %temp,%i = 0,%x = 1
while (%i < $len($1)) {
inc %i
if ($mid($1,%i,1) == +) { %temp = + | continue }
if ($mid($1,%i,1) == -) { %temp = - | continue }
if (%temp == +) {
if ($mid($1,%i,1) isin beIlLkvhoaq) { inc %x }
;The above line is so you can match the correct word in the $2- part

if ($mid($1,%i,1) == a) {
;Here we have ON PROTECT
;to get the corresponding NICK you would use [ [ $ $+ %x ] ]
}

;End of +
}
if (%temp == -) {
if ($mid($1,%i,1) isin beIkvhoaq) { inc %x }
;Same as before but some don't require/show the following parameter

if ($mid($1,%i,1) == a) {
;Here we have ON DEPROTECT

}

;End of -
}

;End of WHILE
}

;End of EVENT
}

Atleast that's how I was able to manually control all bans and compare them to a list of nick!user@hosts that I personally wouldn't allow smile

I'm just saying that it would be nice to be able to write them like ON *:OP:#:

Meh, thanks for your time
Hehe hi qwerty, nice timing :P

-EDIT-
I have been coding mIRC long enough to know MOST things... Some things I have never heard of...
I have been able to make my own way around things but ... I still wanna make it easier on myself! :P
Two tips regarding the inc %x check:

1) Use isincs instead of isin, as modes are case sensitive (for example, some network might have a channel mode A that takes no parameters)

2) You can make the script more flexible by using $chanmodes and $nickmode instead of a fixed list of 'known' modes.

So, you can replace
Code:
if ($mid($1,%i,1) isin [color:green]beIlLkvhoaq[/color]) { inc %x }
with
Code:
if ($mid($1,%i,1) isin[color:red]cs[/color] [color:green]$deltok($chanmodes,4-,44) $nickmode[/color]) { inc %x }

and
Code:
if ($mid($1,%i,1) isin [color:blue]beIkvhoaq[/color]) { inc %x }
with
Code:
if ($mid($1,%i,1) isin[color:red]cs[/color] [color:blue]$deltok($chanmodes,3-,44) $nickmode[/color]) { inc %x }

$nickmode is an undocumented identifier similar to $prefix except it returns the mode letters instead of the symblos ("ohv" instead of "@%+" for example)

$chanmode is documented but the help file doesn't explain what each comma-separated token is. v5.9 versions.txt, however, does in item #37 (the full list of version changes can be found here).
© mIRC Discussion Forums