mIRC Homepage
Posted By: MewMewtwo45 Simple (?) Feature Requests? - 25/05/05 12:15 AM
So I've seen a number of posts in looking to make sure this wasn't posted, and a lot of the things asked are pretty to complicated sometimes. I didn't see this posted, but I thought I'd ask what I know a lot of my friends have wanted for a long time: Any way we can get Italics and Home/End function in mIRC (edit: Strikethrough would be nice as well, but mostly the others)? Surely that can't be too difficult to implement. Watching to see where this goes.

-Mew
Posted By: RusselB Re: Simple (?) Feature Requests? - 25/05/05 02:01 AM
If you're referring to the text that you see in your windows, that's simply a matter of changing your font. Right click on the window name, then select Fonts, scroll through the fonts that are available. If you're looking for one that has italics, your best bet is to go with a True Type Font (TTF). This will change the font in the entire window.

If, on the other hand, what you're looking for is something that will do a temporary Italics , using something like CTRL + I, the same way that CTRL + B gives you Bold Then I'm in favour of this alteration.

Strike through, I can see being a lot harder to implement.

I don't understand what you mean about the Home/End function(s) though.
Posted By: MewMewtwo45 Re: Simple (?) Feature Requests? - 25/05/05 03:14 AM
Ah, yes, temporary Italics is what I mean, with something like ctrl + I (or another letter if neccessary since ctrl + I is already taken for some other function). Strikethrough is far less necessary but would be a nice plus.

My mistake on the Home/End functions though. A friend was saying he wished they were in mIRC. He was apparently thinking of something along the lines of Ctrl + Home/End.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Simple (?) Feature Requests? - 25/05/05 04:19 AM
I'm still interested in what you/your friend was referring to by usage of Home/End (Ctrl + Home/End). What was the key combination supposed to do? In a chat window, pressing Ctrl + Home will take you to the first line in the window. Pressing Ctrl + End will take you to the last line.

If that's what was being referred to, then it's already there.
Posted By: SilentShadow Re: Simple (?) Feature Requests? - 27/05/05 03:49 PM
Or perhaps the ability to change the channel window into an editbox? ^_^ just a thought (that would work for the home/end)
Posted By: DaveC Re: Simple (?) Feature Requests? - 27/05/05 10:22 PM
sounds like he doesnt like how he can only copy the visable text of the channel
Posted By: Stealth Re: Simple (?) Feature Requests? - 28/05/05 10:16 PM
IIRC, ctrl + I is the key combination for TAB, which is either set by the keyboard map or the OS... I am not sure if such a thing can be overridden for use in a program, but it makes sense that it could.
© mIRC Discussion Forums