mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Tat /trace - 01/05/05 05:05 AM
trace mode. Have it save the data of aliases and functions the script has called and save it to the disk. It would make it far easier to catch crash bugs. I have some people who keep hitting a crash bug almost randomly. But all using the same script, but with script it's almost impossible to figure out what exactly is causing. If it saved the entire "called this function" "called this alias function". It might be nice to have the last few things it does before it dies.

Although, it would slow it down a lot with all the writing to disk. It would not be on all the time. But, if it happens the log would pretty much isolate it in no time. And with saving the input make it quick and easy to find repeatable code to crash mIRC and avoid such code.
Posted By: Strider Re: /trace - 01/05/05 07:17 PM
Ctrl+Break is your friend.
Posted By: PhantasyX Re: /trace - 03/05/05 12:25 AM
Hmm, What does this control break do? ;z I just now recently noticed it on my keyboard! lol! I even had to look on my keyboard to see if there was even a "Break" button. :P Shows my intelligence of the keyboard buttons ;x
Posted By: Hrung Re: /trace - 03/05/05 05:17 AM
If your script gets in an infinite loop, or is just taking way too long, you can press ctrl+break to halt it. It even tells you what script/line mirc was on when it broke out.
Posted By: DaveC Re: /trace - 03/05/05 07:03 AM
If only ctrl-break always worked.
Posted By: Hrung Re: /trace - 03/05/05 05:45 PM
Sometimes you have to tap it a few times. Say, 3-5. It is rare for script to lock mirc up any better than that.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: /trace - 03/05/05 05:48 PM
Quote:
It is rare for script to lock mirc up any better than that.

You should load some of my "attempts" grin
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: /trace - 03/05/05 06:09 PM
Are you saying you're an expert on scripting endless loops? smile
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: /trace - 03/05/05 06:14 PM
let's say it's been known to happen grin
Posted By: Strider Re: /trace - 03/05/05 11:48 PM
Quote:
If only ctrl-break always worked.

Ah, yes... those rare occasions. Good thing adding echos here and there works; for me, at least.
Posted By: DaveC Re: /trace - 04/05/05 04:00 AM
Quote:
Sometimes you have to tap it a few times. Say, 3-5. It is rare for script to lock mirc up any better than that.

Im talking about single command lockups, such as $findfile, $crc and /filter using listboxes etc
© mIRC Discussion Forums