mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Debug DCC Chat/Send mutiple support - 06/01/05 04:34 AM
Hi,

What do you guys think about the improve of DCC Send limit and DCC Chat too? Let me explain with examples:

1. Something like: /dcc send nick1,nick2,nick3 C:\mIRC\me.jpg
And the DCC Send goes to all this 3 nicks at the same time. Or maybe a /dcc send -m nick1,...

2. Something like: /dcc chat nick1,nick2 and you can chat with more than 1 friend. Or if you already chatting with a friend and wanna invite other, something like: /dcc chat -L othernick and now you have DCC Chat with 3 ppls.

I think this is great and would love to see this on mIRC.

Regards.
Posted By: Sephiroth_ Re: DCC Chat/Send mutiple support - 06/01/05 11:32 AM
Try this code snippet smile
/dcc send <nick1,nick2,nick3> <file>
or
/dcc chat <nick1,nick2,nick3>
Code:
alias dcc {
  if ($chr(44) isin $2) {
    var %1 = $1,%3 = $3-
    tokenize 44 $2
    dcc %1 $* %3
  }
  else { dcc $1- }
}
Posted By: Debug Re: DCC Chat/Send mutiple support - 07/01/05 12:57 AM
Quote:
Try this code snippet smile
/dcc send <nick1,nick2,nick3> <file>
or
/dcc chat <nick1,nick2,nick3>
Code:
alias dcc {
  if ($chr(44) isin $2) {
    var %1 = $1,%3 = $3-
    tokenize 44 $2
    dcc %1 $* %3
  }
  else { dcc $1- }
}

Its almost this, but I think to open only 1 window with 3 ppl, not 3 windows.
Posted By: puterfixer Re: DCC Chat/Send mutiple support - 07/01/05 02:46 AM
DCC Chat is a dedicated connection between two computers, so in a chat can participate only two people at a time. DCC Chat isn't Yahoo! Chat, to "invite" more people to the same chat session; that is done through creating your own channel and inviting your friends to chat there simultaneously. I'm sure one can create a script to open several DCC Chats with several nicknames and "group" them in a common discussion (displaying to everyone else what someone has said), somehow like a "partyline" in an eggdrop bot, but this is not how DCC Chat is intended to work. Simplest solution for you is to create your own temporary channel, make it secret and invite-only, and chat there with your friends; channel will be deleted when everyone leaves.
© mIRC Discussion Forums