mIRC Homepage
Posted By: cloud_born MIRC @ Scoop Version - 17/10/04 06:26 AM
I presume most of mirc user knows about scoop. I just want to ask about the remedy of scoop "WHO IS" reply. I found out that if you have the same network and using the same DNS, the Scoppe will reply during "WHO IS" command the such person is a clone, which would not be so good to look since they are not really the same person because a lot of MIRC users are in the Internet shop nad using the same DNS of the same network.. I want to ask your Idea abou this>>

Cloud_born
Posted By: Mentality Re: MIRC @ Scoop Version - 17/10/04 12:51 PM
mIRC has no control over a) What Scoop Script does (how unfortunate, if only Khaled could prevent people using it) and b) What your IP/hostname is.

Scripts use fairly simple techniques to see that UserA and UserB have the same IP - scripts do what they are told to do, it cannot detect if you're in an Internet cafe or not, as far as the script is concerned you are a clone. If you want Scoop Script to stop detecting certain people as clones, you'll have to edit the script yourself - something we cannot do for you, or contact the author and ask them about it.

What feature were you suggesting for mIRC? And did I understand you correctly?

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums