mIRC Homepage
Posted By: rei_yu Hey there, two small suggestions - 06/09/04 12:20 AM
Hi here...
Just showed up for two small, quick suggestions I don't really expect Khaled to add at all for they're so simple...
First, I would really appreciate if there were a /url command that serves to -add- an new url to mirc's url.ini file...
It happens that, one of those days I was writing an dialog which function was manage mirc's 'url catcher'(The system that automatically stores all urls mirc logs in channels query ect) with more simplicity... when I was writing the 'add' button I noted the only way one could possibly add an new url was by echo-ing it into an hidden @window... well, It'd be really neat to have an option in the /url command which permits the user to add an http page, for even though the url is added by the acho, it's class within the mirc's list is always '?'...

Also the /writeini command...
Wouldn't it be nice if somehow some characters such as $chr(3), $chr(2)... $chr(31) ect could be writen into the file?
Seemingly it's not quite comfortable to write the famous 'auto color' system(An script that auto completes one's messages into a channel or query automatically with a prefix and sufixal color information, such as this: [time stamp] <nick> <use's automatic colored prefix> <user's message info.> <use's automatic colored sufix>) with the actual /writeini command, for the stored information usually is striped the colors and bold ect.. if /writeini could write said characters it'd be much easier to store the 'auto color' script's information into a .ini without actually needing to write your own routine to avoid mirc's /writeini stripping of characters...
A friend whose nick is 'Rcoster' wrote one:
Code:
 alias writeini2 { 
  %f = $iif($pos($1-,",1),$mid($1-,0,$pos($1-,",2)),$1)
  tokenize 32 $right($1-,$calc($len(%f)*-1)) 
  if !$len($2) || !$len($3) {
    remini %f $1-
    halt 
  } 
  if $read(%f,w,$+([,$1,])) { 
    %l = $calc($readn +1) 
    if $read(%f,w,$2 $+ =*,%l) &amp;&amp; $ini(%f,$1,$2) {
      write -l $+ $readn %f $+($2,=,$3-)
      halt
    }
    write -il $+ %l %f $+($2,=,$3-) 
  } 
  else { write %f $+($lf,[,$1,],$lf,$2,=,$3-) 
  }
} 
;'writeini2' is made by Rcoster, please give credit if you decide using it!

It's an exellent routine and it works perfectly but still, he couldn't write a 'readini2' that could fullfil the expectations...
It'd really be nice to have those commands reformulated in order to write and read mentioned characters.

Well that's all, and I apologize for the size of the post laugh
Posted By: Collective Re: Hey there, two small suggestions - 06/09/04 12:29 AM
/url -i ? http[/b]://www.example.com adds http[b]://www.example.com to the URL list, is this what you want?
Posted By: rei_yu Re: Hey there, two small suggestions - 06/09/04 12:35 AM
Yes exactly... is the -i parameter which determines to add an url? If it is I can't quite find an explanation in the help file.
If you're giving that as an example of future feature, yes that's exactly what I meant.
Posted By: Collective Re: Hey there, two small suggestions - 06/09/04 12:38 AM
I meant it already exists.

From the mIRC helpfile:
/url [on | off | show | hide | -dranils] [[N | mark ] | address]

The -ils switches allow you to insert an item, load, and save the list, respectively.
End quote

These switches were added in mIRC v6.15 so you will need atleast that to use them.
Posted By: rei_yu Re: Hey there, two small suggestions - 06/09/04 12:42 AM
Thank you very much, I didn't knew the option was already avaiable, last version I got was 6.14... Figures it out why I thought the option wasn't there.
Wonder if the writeini/readini commands were re-made too?
Posted By: Mentality Re: Hey there, two small suggestions - 06/09/04 05:26 AM
To the best of my knowledge, no they weren't.

You may wish to browse over versions.txt for the changes that have been made over the years. For some more detail on the latest version, see whatsnew.txt.

It's a good idea to use the latest version of mIRC before suggestin' features for the very reason you demonstrated above wink

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums