mIRC Homepage
Posted By: morphium Channel Lines - 08/08/04 09:35 AM
First, thanks for increasing the possible Lines for Windows from 4 to 7.
But...could you allow more? 10 at least, but if you increase it...increase it to 15, i think that would be enough then for everyone.
Thanks, morphium
Posted By: Mentality Re: Channel Lines - 08/08/04 12:11 PM
I guess it wouldn't be a detriment, but I really don't see the need. 10 lines would take up the majority of the screen, 15 would be ridiculous - I wonder if it's actually humanly possible to keep up with that many channels/networks. To be honest, the only people I've ever seen (through screenshots) use more than 5/6 lines are mass file traders who go to lots of different networks/channels.

Regards,
Posted By: harl Re: Channel Lines - 09/08/04 05:01 AM
i'm on many channels and therefore i use up about 2 to 3 lines for everything there is, most of the time having 4 lines max activated.

(yes, on some channels its just me and some very few other people and on some its just me and myself, but thats not the matter.. -.-)

but the channels just wouldnt fit all into the lines at once anyways, so i hide several channels using "window -hx" which stay hidden until either something happens in general in that channel or until someone highlights me. so i'm still in these chans, ppl can reach me if they need to and i dont loose overview.

15 lines wouldnt be much of a problem though on 1600x1200 and higher resolutions. still looks silly somehow .. smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums