topic
Posted By: Aeron Re: mirc autostart when windows starts - 29/07/04 08:49 AM
Put a shorcut in:
start ==> programs ==> boot up
Posted By: LostServ Re: mirc autostart when windows starts - 29/07/04 10:34 AM
Windows XP envorimented users:
Start > All Programs > Startup
Posted By: Seifer Re: mirc autostart when windows starts - 29/07/04 11:41 AM
I don't see why mIRC would need to be loaded on Windows' startup.
Posted By: LostServ Re: mirc autostart when windows starts - 29/07/04 11:45 AM
nor do I, but hey it's what they wanted..
Posted By: Darwin_Koala Re: mirc autostart when windows starts - 30/07/04 05:56 AM
Of course, if a key meaningful thing you do all the time with your PC is chat, then perhaps getting the computer to open it, rather than finding the icon everytime might seem logical? After all, why have a dog and bark yourself, when PC's can do this sort of mindless drudgery very well!

Cheers,

DK
Posted By: shadowdemon Re: mirc autostart when windows starts - 30/07/04 08:21 AM
Hi, i think this has been suggested many many times in the past

Some ppl argued that it could be used for malicous uses, such as starting an infected mIRC with a trojan
and some ppl just said as many of the other posts in this thread, why not put a copy of a shortcut in the startup folder.

How about, and this is an extar addition to this thread

If Khaled puts in an option upon mIRC install, "Do you want to create a shortcut in the startup folder?"
This would as many of you know do just the thing, and atlaest a user KNOWS that mIRC has been installed, and will start
upon windows bootup, of course this could be a check box, just click it to install after pressing next or whatever.

If you have dialup modem, this might not be a good idea, doh! you need to be connected to internet first, but
would be very useful (if you used it) for a Cable/DSL type modem.

Just my thoughts

ShadowDemon
© mIRC Discussion Forums