mIRC Homepage
Posted By: zac Stop Windows Kicked In From Stealing Focus - 15/07/04 10:49 PM
If I'm, say, typing my password into a DCC chat window, and I get kicked from a channel, it's rather easy for me to accidentally nail half my password into the channel.

If I'm typing a line to a friend of mine, and I'm half-paying attention, the channel steals focus. I type it there.

If I'm kicked repeatedly, it is impossible for me to do anything about it. I can't type any commands, generally, because the damn window keeps popping up.

I suggest an option for windows kicked in to simply flash, not steal focus, from everything. It's irritating, and unnecessary.
Agree.. That must be some kind of feature.. But i think it annoying everyone who use mIRC in active irc life..
Now that would be nice. I'm sick of not being able to read chat when channel ops get a little too happy....
I don't have this problem. Do you have it set to automatically rejoin when you are kicked? If so, you might want to uncheck that option and make a script that will do it for you, then you can make it join using the -n option (this will prevent the joins from stealing focus).

Sample script you might consider (if this is what you need to do):
Code:
on !*:kick:#:if ($knick != $me) { return } | var %x = $+(%,$cid,.rejoin) | set $(%x) $addtok($(%x),$chan,44) | if (!$timer(%x)) { $+(.timer,%x) 1 1 karjc }
alias -l karjc { var %x = $+(%,$cid,.rejoin), %r = $(%x,2) | unset $(%x) | join -n %r }

That'll rejoin rooms that you were kicked from but on a small timer (so that if you were kicked from more than 1 room, it'll attempt to rejoin them at the same time, since someone could use a rejoiner to try to flood you off) smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums