mIRC Homepage
Posted By: CBDallas Editbox Text - 30/04/04 12:52 PM
I've noticed in mirc 6.14 there's a Really annoying "Feature" , as I'm typing if I've made a mistake I can not move backwards in the text to delete/insert a letter or space without mIRC Eating the next letter in the editbox

Example:
goodevening!
good vening!

it's a real pain.
also, in this new version of mIRC I cannot use CTRL+Del to clear the entire edit box instantly, another inconvenience.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: Editbox Text - 30/04/04 01:57 PM
are you sure you dont have the INSERT button pressed so instead of INSERTING text it OVERWRITES text?
Posted By: slartibartfast Re: Editbox Text - 30/04/04 02:05 PM
FYI:

mIRC Supports the Insert/Overwrite toggle just like most other programs on window (and linux)

The button to toggle between these modes are the Insert button.

Kinda stumped that you didn't know this. Works the same way in alot of other programs, try Wordpad.

Also as for your other "suggestion" ...

Backspace = delete char before pointer
Del = delete char after the pointer

Ctrl+Backspace = delete token before pointer
Ctrl+Del = delete token after pointer

Pretty logic... again try it in Wordpad.
Also if you want to clear the whole Editbox line just hit Down.
Posted By: Rounin Re: Editbox Text - 02/05/04 09:52 AM
Thanks for designing Norway.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: Editbox Text - 02/05/04 06:12 PM
This is also a bug in mIRC's new handling of Multibyte characters, and should be reported to the Bug Reports section of this forum (if it hasn't been already).

In the mean time, you can reverse this change to how it was in v6.12, by going to ALT+O > IRC > Messages and unchecking [ ] Multibyte editbox at the bottom. You may also uncheck all four of these options at the bottom to completely disable any special text handling.

- Raccoon
© mIRC Discussion Forums