mIRC Homepage
Posted By: myndzi Userlist Extensions - 24/03/04 01:34 PM
The userlist is falling behind in new mIRC additions. Regex support would be excellent (Regex events are awesome, but you still can't take advantage of them with events such as ON JOIN).

Also, it's rather difficult to make a channel/network specific userlist entry, yet we have those sorts of options in the built in op/ignore/etc lists.

Just a couple minor additions that'd make life nicer.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: Userlist Extensions - 24/03/04 04:33 PM
I suppose the user list could even be moved to the addy book and then changed so that you could do:

level:address/nick,#chan1,#chan2 (Network)

however, this would require a LOT of recoding on scripter's parts to change from the old method to the ew. Im not bashing the idea, just more thinking out loud
Posted By: DeathfireD Re: Userlist Extensions - 24/03/04 08:20 PM
I think they should make it so the userlist can be moved like a pop up kinda like Aim lol i know i sound gay lol.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: Userlist Extensions - 24/03/04 09:40 PM
The other thing that could be done is make it more like the notify list and have it list it alphabetized via userlevel and separated by level. Example:

level-one
bill
bob
jim
level-two
bat
ding
hero
level-twelve
this!*@*
those!me@*

Make sence? Break it up like the notify list does with servers currently
Posted By: DeathfireD Re: Userlist Extensions - 24/03/04 09:46 PM
ya ya thats what i was trying to get accross mmmm there is an add-on already like that though with network support so I dont think they would consider it frown damn spelling but it would be great to have it made in there. maby even add in a few other proticals lol like aim,msn,icq lol i can wish. It would take up some space lol.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: Userlist Extensions - 24/03/04 09:51 PM
You know it's funny, they're actually the same thing lol I just kinda thought of that and thought you meant something else before. I guess it was just wordage ;-) As far as adding other protocals goes, I dont think the user list needs it, but that's jsut my 2ยข USD smile
Posted By: DeathfireD Re: Userlist Extensions - 24/03/04 10:03 PM
your right lol I was just throwing ideas out would be cool though to have aim and mirc in one that way you use less computer resorces. But i know there are already programs out there that do that liek trillian or Miranda. just an idea lol but as for the notify list I think it need to change eather way just update it lol.
Posted By: myndzi Re: Userlist Extensions - 25/03/04 10:51 AM
I doubt there would need to be any adjustment on the part of scripters; you'd just add a switch or two onto the current syntax and maybe update the actual userlist file format. You could still use them in events the same way as before.
© mIRC Discussion Forums