mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Nutter Hash Tables - Listing - 12/03/04 10:12 PM
Just an idea, alongside the Aliases, Popups, Remote, Users, and Variables tab, add a new Hash Tables tab for a GUI interface to editing hash tables.

The view menu would drop down (like the other sections) to list all the tables loaded, and you can save them (or load them) from disk using this tab.

Would be very handy I'd like to think - save you having to remember what hash files are loaded, or whats inside of them.
Posted By: greeny Re: Hash Tables - Listing - 12/03/04 10:52 PM
Nice idea, I'd like that too.
Posted By: tidy_trax Re: Hash Tables - Listing - 13/03/04 12:00 AM
although it would be a good idea for newer users who aren't sure of /h* and $h*, i prefer using hashtables because they can only be access via $h*, which is why i use them instead of global variables
Posted By: saxon Re: Hash Tables - Listing - 13/03/04 06:48 AM
tidy trax has a point, If khaled added this suggestion then that big advantage would be lost. If he doesn't add it then you can still get what you want with a quick visit to mircscripts.org.
Posted By: Nutter Re: Hash Tables - Listing - 15/03/04 09:22 AM
Well at minimum I'd like a way of knowing what hash tables are loaded at any given time.

AFAIK, there is no way to get a list of loaded hash tables.

I know the /h* and $h* commands, but still, would be nice to see whats loaded with an easy to use, gui interface. Thus the original request smile.
Posted By: visionz Re: Hash Tables - Listing - 15/03/04 12:52 PM
Code:
var %i = 1
while ($hget(%i)) {
echo -a $ifmatch
inc %i
}

This will echo all the hashtables that are currently open
Posted By: Nutter Re: Hash Tables - Listing - 20/03/04 08:42 AM
Gah, would be that simple wouldn't it?

Thank you kindly, though my request still stands laugh
© mIRC Discussion Forums