mIRC Homepage
I think when you get multiple NOTICEs from the same user at the same time, mirc shouldn't put line separators there... it's annoying when you're getting help from ChanServ or something and the reply is like 50 lines long.
I second this motion.

I swore I posted this before, but I guess I didn't. The linesep is insidious when trying to read Services help files, forcing me to disable it entirely for the duration of my learning.

Kudos Ashkrynt

- Raccoon
I personally always have is disabled... it's very anoying when reading up on help files of the services...
Not a bad idea to implement tho turning the linesup off (IF you can handle that; not everybody can) is an alternative till then. ive had it off since the earliest mircs ive used (or as long as it was possible for me to)
I'd like if I was able to turn linesep off just for notices, and maybe other situations. It should offer more toggle options of this kind IMHO
would be nice if u could maybe tell mirc to reread the ini files, then you could set the linesep to nothing in the ini when a notice comes in, and have it change back on a timer.
This is what I had in mind, but thinking about /linesep only (hence the options) but yeah this would be great.
This can be achieved with a simple script.

Code:
on ^:NOTICE:*:*:{
  if (%lnnick == $nick) {
    echo -sm - $+ $nick $+ - $1-
  else {
    set %lnnick $nick
    echo -s -
    echo -sm - $+ $nick $+ - $1-
  }
  haltdef
}

This script is a little rough, but with some modifycation, it will work just fine for this kinda thing.
I'm already aware of a scripted solution, but thanks anyway.
could be if your script actually worked <grin>
© mIRC Discussion Forums