mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Gon_ SetWindowPos API. - 15/01/03 10:44 PM
It would be nice if mIRC could support all the possibilities of the API call SetWindowPos.

In particular, The ability to Move a window Off the screen. For example:
/window -pod @test 6000 6000 600 600

It is common practice to use /drawcopy with a hidden window to achieve some pseudo layering, or other effects. However, with an -h window you are always limited to the size of the mIRC client area, Or the screen resolution. An off screen window is better.

Also..
-h should work with desktop/ontop windows. As this is supported by the SetWindowPos API Call.

---
Yes a .DLL can do this. And i have a made a DLL to do so, However, i would rather this be part of the mIRC client, as it is very simple and fast to implement and has many uses to picture window coders.
Posted By: GrimZ Re: SetWindowPos API. - 16/01/03 03:17 PM
You sure this isn't a bug in desktop @windows? If it's not a desktop @window shouldn't it be confined to the MDI anyways?
Posted By: Gon_ Re: SetWindowPos API. - 16/01/03 07:00 PM
Im talking about desktop windows. For example:
If your resolution is 800x600, you cannot position a window at 801 600. I don't know if it's a bug or not.. i'd like the limitation removed though.
Posted By: Gon_ Re: SetWindowPos API. - 24/01/03 06:25 PM
Nevermind this feature suggestion. i just realised you can move a window off screen, if you use the -h switch.
© mIRC Discussion Forums