mIRC Homepage
[1] i've seen many dlls out there that modify the toolbar to add/remove icons and i belive it would be a very welcomed thing, for example to put shortcuts to the most used commands, aliases, scripts, whatever... and an option wher to put it [i hope this doesn't exist yet... cause if it is i'm gonna make a stupid out of myself]

* or, maybe, include a button on the toolbar so that the menubar can dissaper untill it's clicked again

[2] an auto-hide function for the switchbar would be interesting, to make more space for the text and everything

these were form a user point of view
=====
from a scripter's point of view a cripting functions for the ini/etc would be welcomed so one can make his work harder to steal [i know it's not impossible but by making it a little bit harder i believe the good scripts have a better change at not being ripped off]

p.s. excuse my english please
configurable toolbar would be neat...

If you don't want your script getting ripped, don't release it. Good scripts won't be popular if people can't verify themselves that they are safe and that isn't possible without looking in to plain text script source.
i already have a number of people that trusts my scripts and software [visual basic, visual c, visual .net, vb scripts, mirc scripts etc] so that there's no question about the trust. The thing is a part of what i've coded could be used to do malicious things and i don't want that... that's why i asked...
Imma reply, just to reply.

About the script being more "rip-proof" keep dreaming. mIRC is put out as an application that supports open-source scripts. If you don't want your scripts ripped for any reason, don't release them. Simple as that. That is why my scripts aren't released, because they can be used malisiously.
You say the people trust your code, but you dont seem to trust them with it. So maybe that part should just simply be kept to yourself.

You also say you code C, do you do C++ also ? You could write all your function into a dll and have mirc parse the dll. Not something i would suggest, but i have seen it done before
Om3n ~ that's not very helping... alt+r .. see the dll calls with $dill / etc... and they'll eventually figgure out how to make it work. i guess i'll keep that portions of scripting "at home", as i normally do smile

Second.. i trust them, but what's released on the net can be obtained by anyone so i'm worried mostly about the so-called "script kiddies" that are on a destruction rampage and so on...

Stealth ~ i'm gonna try to also mess up my mrc's and ini's on the release version, complicating it a lttle bit more so only one who does know some scripting could understand... That way the copy-paste-this-alias won't be so easy.. smile

but stiil... a configurable toolbar would be nice.. smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums