mIRC Homepage
Posted By: BlackRider Disable Hilighting in certain windows - 07/01/04 04:15 AM
On the network I idle on, there is an option to make ChanServ say a message when you join a channel. Problem is, in certain channels people have ones that set off my hilight (black). If there was a way to right click the channel tab, and uncheck hilight it would make my life easier.

One more small thing, which im sure has been suggested. If possible, I think you should be able to chat while having options open. This helps because if you're trying to give someone instructions on how to turn something on/off you can give step by step instructions.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: Disable Hilighting in certain windows - 07/01/04 04:30 AM
I agree with your Highlight suggestion, though there are so many options that really ought to be made channel/network specific... i think that a unified all-inclusive method should be considered for every option instead.

I also agree with making the Options dialog "non-model" (not-disabling the parent window) for the exact reasons you've mentioned. I know this change is possible, because I manually EnableWindow() the parent mIRC window with an external process for this reason. If you're interested, try this program CopyText.

- Raccoon
© mIRC Discussion Forums