mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Gamer_X toolbars.... - 14/01/03 11:40 AM
well i was wondering if it would be possible for more toolsbars to be added... that way we wouldn't have to worry about the clutter of window buttons on that one small toolbar or be able to drag the entire tool bar off and make it dockable like to nothing meaning... it just floats and you can move it where ever you want....?
Posted By: Watchdog Re: toolbars.... - 14/01/03 12:57 PM
I'm assuming that you mean the switchbar as you do refer to window buttons in your post.

This has been brought up before and who knows, maybe an alternative type of switchbar is on the way. Lets hope the one that's there now doesn't disappear though. I only make myself present on one network and in four channels normally with the Status and Server Notice window buttons hidden which allows me to enjoy my polished burr walnut skins. Something that can't be seen with a floating switchbar or a treeviewer. :tongue:
Posted By: kupotek Re: toolbars.... - 14/01/03 09:27 PM
I use the following code:

• hide window
.status
..hide:scid -a window -hn "Status Window"
..show:scid -a window -aw "Status Window"
Posted By: Gamer_X Re: toolbars.... - 14/01/03 11:14 PM
well i'd like it so we could have more than one toolbar ot at the very least be able to add rows/ columns and optional dividers for the tool bar for we could fit more channel and chat windows at full length
Posted By: Collective Re: toolbars.... - 14/01/03 11:23 PM
Already can add rows (Options -> Display -> Lines). That the kind of rows you mean or..?
Posted By: Watchdog Re: toolbars.... - 15/01/03 01:55 AM
I actually like the idea of an MS Office style toolbar/switchbar. I think codemastr mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. You could drag/add/remove toolbar buttons and the switchbar could be either buttons or (a new approach here...) a combo box, simlar to Office's address combo box that drops down with a treeview of servers/rooms.

Having said that I'd still like the option of choosing the current method in any new version of mIRC.
Posted By: Gamer_X lol - 15/01/03 11:34 PM
lol wow i never noticed the display lines menu... hehehe but it's limited to 4 lines... i think more should be added then.... like because people can always switch to high res's and fit more rows or columns.... a configure box instead of a combobox.... but yeah that answers my question hehehe thanks smile but yeah the ms office style bar would be really cool as well but it would be good only if you were able to switch between the style they have now and the style Watchdog was talking about...
© mIRC Discussion Forums