mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Pomax mirc script engine suggestions - 19/11/03 01:32 PM
Two suggestions:

1 - syntax highlighting in the internal script editor.
2 - getting rid of the whitespace dependencies; Using a simple syntax stack for parentheses, brackets and position within a script would solve the whole need for whitepacing things like 'if', 'while' and {} blocks "properly".

An additional suggestion which is just blatantly a feature rather than something that is (imo) functionally desired, is a scriptstack window. Something like the remote section, only with a pulldown menu of all scripts currently loaded, so that they can be edited and reloaded from within mIRC's editor. This would of course only really be functional if syntax highlighting would be implemented, otherwise you're just looking at pages and pages of uniformly coloured code.
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 20/11/03 08:51 AM
the mIRC editor has the ability to switch between scripts: when active, click the View menu...
Posted By: KingTomato Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 20/11/03 08:40 PM
This would bee my ideal editor: >:P

>:D
Posted By: bunar Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 20/11/03 09:12 PM
i must say that i like your idea very much
Posted By: MTec89 Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 21/11/03 12:10 AM
smile all that text and 0kb
i like that idea!:)
Posted By: KingTomato Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 21/11/03 01:42 AM
I made it in C#, and just played with the appearance.. Not an actual file, just the main outlook of it. You will also notice the ehading of the file is "modes" byt the destination and filename are said to be "script1.mrc". Should be modes from the Bot Commands>>Channel Tree node >:D
Posted By: landonsandor Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 21/11/03 04:45 AM
I LIKE that! This way we have our whole list of remote files EASILY viewable on the left while not taking too much from the editor itself (even when I was using 600*800 on a 14.9 view monitor I had the editor almost the hole screen it could have supported it). Hey Khaled, if you were looking for a way to implement this, here's one idea/way/option/possibility you could think over smile
Posted By: KingTomato Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 21/11/03 05:22 AM
I was even entertaining the idea of adding checkboxes next to each scripttso that while it is loaded, it might not be executed. Just kinda a cool idea i think.
Posted By: Adrenalin Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 21/11/03 07:14 PM
How about mEditor ?
Also look very nice..
Posted By: MTec89 Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 21/11/03 07:48 PM
well they were talking about just fixing up the in-mirc script editor i belive
Posted By: KingTomato Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 21/11/03 09:45 PM
Indeed, internal editors are better in so many ways. Both easier to get (comes with mirc itslef), as well as no need to edit a file, reload it, edit again, reload, etc. Additionally, most likely less memory intensive.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 22/11/03 04:18 AM
there's also the idea of listing all script related files in the new editor (specified in an option somewhere of WHERE to look for script files) with a checkbox so we can simply load it that way.

KingTomato: Also, here's something to think about...... can it be done in such a way that if you click on the REMOTES tab a "sub-tab system" comes up that has all of our files loaded? Like if not having the file lsit on the left, a bunch of tabs titled by filename? Am I making any sence?? If so, is it possible to do without getting ugly?
Posted By: KingTomato Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 22/11/03 08:01 AM
I understand you, but y? That's like a script that shows you the room count on jins are parts, when it's already in the titlebar. A tree view is there for a visual of what is and isn't laoded. And as var as switchign between files, just click on a tree item, or so the idea would go.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: mirc script engine suggestions - 23/11/03 07:22 AM
Ok, a miscommunication on my part. Thinking back to yesterday, the thought made no sence - strike it from the record smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums