mIRC Homepage
Posted By: baron local info - 19/10/03 12:28 AM
whats the command to set my local info..right now when i go to servers where ips are blocked with xxxxx it wont read it properly...like instead of my computer ip: 146.154.18.77 it'll say my..blank* lol is there something that will get the info for me like /localinfo -h used to do just that aint worken for me now.....
Posted By: Online Re: local info - 19/10/03 12:32 AM
The command to manually enter your host or IP information is
  • /localinfo host ip
If neither -u nor -h worked, you can use this snippet to automatically retrieve your "external" IP address.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: local info - 19/10/03 12:33 AM
try the other option /localinfo -u
Posted By: Online Re: local info - 19/10/03 12:37 AM
-u requests the host information from the IRC server, but since some of them return a masked (not real) host, it won't always work.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: local info - 19/10/03 12:10 PM
I've not seen one that returned my own masked .. they've all given me the correct host/ip .. what they mask is everyone else's to me (and mine to everyone else).
What servers are you referring to? Maybe I've just not used them.
Posted By: Online Re: local info - 19/10/03 12:41 PM
Yep you're right, I was under the impression the server is sending back the masked host to yourself too, however when you're connected through a BNC -u can fail.
Posted By: baron Re: local info - 19/10/03 07:21 PM
thanks for the help guys all sorted
Posted By: Online Re: local info - 20/10/03 10:35 AM
Also, Undernet server is dumb enough to give you the masked host (when you're identified and +x) in response to the /userhost command.
© mIRC Discussion Forums